Chapter 17

Luke's POV

"You ditched class eh?" I asked Century. 

Paanong sumulpot dito ang isang to eh sabi pa nga nya 'free day for me' ek-ek.

She keeps on staring at me. 

"What?"

She pulled her phone out and typed something. Kung nasaan ba kasi tab ng piping to.

"Bakit nasa kanya phone mo Luke?" tanong ni Don. I looked at him. Nakalimutan kong kasama pala namin siya. Hindi kasi uso sa kanya ang nagsasalita. Note the sarcasm.

"Bugok. Hindi sa'kin 'yan. Parehas lang kami"

Danny and Gabby gave me a weird look. They then wagged their brows. I furrowed mine. "Anong problema niyo?"

Century appeared in front of me. "Ano ba? Layo!" I stepped back a bit.

Gabby cleared his throat. I rolled my eyeballs and took Century's phone. 

'I have a research to do about engines and stuff so I came here. It's the closest from school'

Luuh. I sensed something fishy pero for now, mukhang totoo naman. 

"When can you get your car, Gab?"

Gabby stopped eating and started crying again. "Why are you asking me about sensitive things, huh?!"

I shrugged and smirked. We're having dinner and I just can't stop reminding Gabby about his wrecked car. It's fun, hey.

"Speaking of cars, can you drive Cent?" asked Danny.

We all looked at her. She stopped sipping her pasta, yes people, she sips those noodles. Such a kid. She looks at Danny with carbonara sauce all over her mouth.

'I do'

I faced her. She's sitting beside me so I did 45 degrees to face her. "And you didn't tell me? I was always the one driving, you bossy you."

She licked her lips and started sipping her carbonara. What the--! 

"Century, did you hear me?" I forked her pasta and twirled the noodles so she can't sip it again.

'Who on earth will take mechanical engineering and won't learn driving in the process? Are you even thinking? Or you're just plain stupid?'

The guys laughed. "Burn!"

"Hoy mute, hindi ko alam kung palabas na yang dinuguan mo sa katawan o parating pa lang pero wag mo akong binibigyan ng attitude. Tsaka hindi ako ang nagtanong nuh!" I hand her some napkin.