Chapter 43

Two months went by so fast. School's done. I got pretty good marks and Luke too. I made sure of it.

Living with my dad's a challenge. He doesn't know how to cook. He just loves to work on his cars and he's planning to organize another race. He made sure I'm taken care of tho.

I pushed my cart towards the cashier. Looking at the groceries I got, it sure's a looot. We're having a party tonight.

After loading all the bags inside the G Wagon--my dad decided to give me it, I moved around to the driver's seat. Just as I start the engine, I saw a familiar face smoking nearby. Luke.

I shook my head. Always smoking. He's talking with Calista and he looks like he's not taking her seriously because Calista's face looked annoyed.

I gave them a last look before speeding out the parking area. It took me ten minutes to reach home. Dad's talking with Shaq about the race. They're finally doing it in that safe track Shaq owned.

"Hi kid. Got everything?" Dad asked helping me with the bags.

I nod.

"The boys are coming to help you"

Recently, Danny and Don are coming here often. Dad's used to their unannounced presence too and I think he likes them.

Gabby's coming too but most of the time he's visiting Ada in the other house. And Luke, we'll he's never here. I heard Uncle Jin's making him work in one of their business. I'm always in touch with Luke's family.

"Cheers!" Danny raised his glass. We mimicked. Loud upbeat music's blasting from the speakers.

Some of our schoolmates are here. Nic was here too with his mom. They just had to leave early because they're catching up with their flight. They got me a customized car seat for Ford. They know how much I love taking Ford with me.

I've been traveling with my dog for the past two weeks before I came home for my birthday. It's nice to have something for Ford's comfort in the car.

"Happy birthday, Cent!" My guests shouted and I laughed at them. Rowdy teenagers.

Chamelle pulled me aside. "Happy birthday. Here's my present" she handed a new camera. "That's great for vlogging hey"

My eyebrows met. "I don't even do vlogging."

Chamelle shrugged. "I got a feeling you will soon" she hugged me then joined my dad and Big Shaq in the dining area.

Meh. I took the camera anyways. I'll figure out when to use it.

"Nice cam" Don snatched it from me. Did I say he's into gadgets? He is.

He did some setup before he took a picture of me. "Smile" I did with my glass of wine up in my face.

He then left turn to take a picture of the whole event. Danny appeared in front of me with envelope in his hands.

"Ano yan?"

He grinned. "Present"

I rolled my eyes. I got enough present already. He pushed the envelope in my hands and took the glass I'm holding.

I opened his present and looked back at him to confirm he's not playing pranks on me.

"Happy birthday. Enjoy it. Canada's a nice place"

He got me plane ticket.

"I got one more"

I looked at him expectantly. He pointed behind me. I turned around to see... Galaxy.
She's almost about to cry and I rushed to pick her up. She hugged me tight.