Chapter 44

Luke's POV

I groaned before heading back to work. My dad just ended a meeting and I totally didn't understand any. Today, my dad asked for my help. He asked me to do some work because the hospital lacks manpower.

I'm so happy he didnt give me paperworks. Im working in the engineering department for now and I'm content staying in there.

After my working hours, I walked home. Malapit lang ang bahay ko. Yes, I have my own house. I still have my two cars. Still have the same friends. And still waiting.

I cooked chicken for dinner then sat down to eat. I'm browsing my phone for new updates and I smiled when I see one. She's posing beside her dog. They're in Japan this time.

I glanced at her picture one more time before answering a phone call.

Panira talaga kahit kailan.

"What now?"

"Hi Luke! I just want to remind you of the event tomorrow. Don't be late yeah? Good night!" She hung up.

It was Calista.

"Hi! I'm happy you made it" Calista hugged me.

I pulled away. "Sure. No biggie"

Today's the opening of her shop. She's running a business. Car business might I add. His dad's lucky to have her 'cause she knows how to make money.

I excused myself when I saw Danny and Gab in the entrance. These bastards are now two of the top 20 richest below 30 in the country.

They hugged me when they saw me.

"Wow. Never thought you'll leave your wife to attend this event"

I smiled. They're talking about my work when they said 'wife'. I just put most of my time in work. I'm pretty established myself but my work got me moving while I'm still waiting for... that day.

"She invited me" I replied smiling.
Calista's been a good company. She helped me in my past races. She made sure of my safety. She's been helping me until I decided to quit drag racing. I don't race now.

We then catch up about the things we missed. They told me Don's dating now. Gabby and Ada are still together. They're planning to get married. Danny's enjoying the attention he's getting from the social media. He's doing a Hollywood movie. I still can't stomach his acting tho.

After the event, I went back home. I checked on my secretary, Jared, to ask him about my business. I didn't need to work my ass off because hey-- I own a living. You can say I'm a boss that's doesn't need to work all the time.

After calling Jared, I went to sit outside. From here, you can see the whole city. I lit a smoke then my mind drifted to Century.

I've done my part, Cent

The last time I talked to her was when she had her 19th birthday. I then lost contact of her. The only times I get to check on her is through her social account. Sometimes it takes looooong time before she posts new pictures but I always make sure to check it out.

I felt like a lost a part of me when she left but that pushed me to work hard for my own dreams. I've accomplished things I didn't think I can. I've done things I didn't know I enjoyed. But I did. On my own.

My family's really proud of where I am now and I appreciate them even more. I know I've come so far but above everything I worked for, something's still missing.

I loved Century. She's always that girl who calms my nerve. The silent girl who mess with my mind. The mute who speaks with my heart. And I miss her so much. It's been so long.

I promised her of her own space and time. I want her to take her time... it's just that I don't think I can stand this further. Everyday, I'm trying and waiting.

I didn't think she'll have a good grip of my heart when I first saw her. But she's really my missing piece now.

I pulled out her wolf and cross necklace. Shaq asked me to give it back to her but I still have it.

I let it twirl around my hand.

"How much longer, Cent?"

It's been three years now.

I'm still waiting.