Chapter 14

Luke's POV

"So can you now explain what happened back there?" I asked Century.

Para siyang tuod kanina pa habang kinakausap ni Danny 'yong student assistant. I forgot her name pero madalas siyang magpunta sa loft 'pag may delivery si Danny about papers that needed his signature.

She started writing while I tend to Galaxy. Galaxy has been whining about disturbing her sleep pero kailangan na naming i-meet sina dad for dinner. She's still glaring at me while sipping her fruit juice. I ignored her and focused on driving.

"Yong babae kanina na nagbigay ng folder kay Danny, anak siya nina tita. Ayokong makita niya ako sa school"

Oh.

"Did she hurt you?"

Century shook her head. "But she's not a help either. I just don't want her to see me. She might tell tita and tito. Don't know what'll happen when she did"

I slowly nod my head. "I'll talk to Danny"

She smiled. "Thank you"

Whew. Marunong din pala ngumiti isang 'to. Like smile smile, genuine smile. She's kinda pretty... Ew. Erase that.

************

"Court resumed already. We just need to wait for our case's turn"

I looked at my dad. Personal niyang inaayos 'yong case ni Century at gusto niyang sa kulungan talaga bagsak nung dalawang hitler. I was one of his witnesses at kailangan kong sabihin sa korte lahat ng nakita ko. Danny's willing to help also.

"We saw their daughter kanina sa school. She's Danny's assistant... sort of" I shrugged.

Century elbowed me. Oops, I didn't know I should keep that. Minsan lang talaga, naiisip ko kung bakit inuwi pa namin to sa bahay eh napaka-maton niya. She can defend herself, for crying out loud! Hindi mo iisiping na-child abuse... or in her case, teen abuse? What? Don't mind that.

Mom stopped eating. "Really? I didn't know she goes to the same school"

"Apparently, she is." I grimaced when I felt Century's kick. "What to do?" I asked mom.

"Danny knows about Century's situation, yeah?" dad intervened.

I nod.

"Maybe he can help"

"Planning to ask him to" I murmured.

Kung sakaling mapunta kami sa korte, ano kayang feeling? Pa'no pag kami naman nililitis dahil sa mga kalokohan namin? My face crumples. I'm no criminal pero—yun basta ganun.