Xander

Infuriating,

This is how she is defined,

She is not the usual,

She is one of a kind.

Xander

As soon as her palm connected with my cheek, I could feel the slight sting of her slap, all anger poured into it. The first reaction was shock, then embarrassment that I was slapped in front of my friends and then anger.

"What the hell?" I yelled at her.

She was breathing heavily, her eyes watered and face flushed. It looked like she has never hit anyone and it was infuriating that how I was the first one that she hit.

"How dare you hit me?" I asked seething with anger.

I kept a safe distance or else I might end up hurting her.

She laughed, a dark, humourless laugh that trembled with emotion. She was holding back tears.

"You are asking for a reason?"

She was right in this way, I have left no stone unturned in troubling her.

"You make the whole school see that I am open for bullying and now you see this and this," She showed me her scratches and injuries," Now I have these because your vermin of friends here are cowards and hit women like they don't have a mother to respect at home."

Her gaze was hard and filled with hate for me and it was causing a weird pinch in my heart.

"You make me sleep deprived by asking me to complete your homework, you make me watch your dirty make out sessions and let the whole dumb clique believe that I am a whore." She stepped closer now, waves of anger coming off her with tears flowing down her eyes.

My anger was still there but it was simmering down a bit. I have never been slapped by anyone, let alone a girl.

"I tolerated all that didn't I? But you had to go and tell everyone that I am here because a shrink told me. Now do you know what rumours float around?" She screamed at me.

Never have I seen her this out of control.

"Everyone thinks it is because of my dad, that he was abusive. Yes, it is because of my dad . Because he is dead, do you get it Alexander, dead? And I can't still get over it. I am in pain way before you made my life a living hell." She screamed at my face.

And then she sighed as if all her energy was drained out. I realised we had an audience all this while. She was not scared of any of them right now.

I had no words to say right now even though I was slapped. But I had to, I can't just stand here and get humiliated in front of so many people.

I gripped her upper arm making sure I am not hurting already injured portion.

"Is this hurting you, shocked you enough? I told you I want you to leave, so leave and all this will stop." I warned her not sure I was meaning all that.

She looked at me as if she was disgusted with, her lower lip trembled as more tears flowed down. My emotions were in a turmoil, I was supposed to be angry on her for hitting me. I was suppose to loath her but none of those feelings surfaced. Instead some part of me had the crazy urge to wipe off those tears.

I didn't start the rumour about her father but it was because of me, since I told everyone the reason she was here.

"You want me to leave Alexander Comhan, fine I will leave." Her tired voice said and I realised that her words meant my success.