Xander

I am past the intrigue,

I am past the confusion,

The more I get to know her,

I realise she is my salvation.

Xander

Never once in my life, I hated basketball tournaments this much. But now I do. Freya Morenson, the girl that torments me to the core said something weird and then ran away like a squirrel leaving me speechless for a moment.

I have seen her multiple times in school but I am always surrounded by my basketball buddies. Half the time I am excused from class because of the upcoming tournament and it is kind of a big thing in our school.

Guardian. She called me her protector. As much it baffled me, it somehow defined my life. Hell, it even sounded poetic and dramatic but that is how I felt. But what was even weirder was her calling me that. She hated me for bullying her, why would she call me her guardian?

Today was the last match of the tournament and I have not seen her in anyone of the matches. I should be the cool and not caring Alexander but her absence bothered me. Today I will confront her after the match and get my head straight. Because no matter where I was, what I was doing my thoughts were fixed on her.

***

Much to my irritation , I found her in the car parking area with Tessa, Haylien and Michael. I hated boys around her and that was not a nice trait. I didn't own her, she could be friends with anyone she wants but it didn't feel right when she smiled at other guys.

And please , don't say what I am thinking; Alexander has officially lost his mind.

"Freya," I called her causing all four of them to stop and look at me.

Then something super weird happened. She smiled at me and I am sure there was a flip in my heart. Never, I have never felt this. What was this?

"Congratulations on the win." She came closer as others walked away.

I noticed Haylien looking amused while Michael gave me a scrutinising look.

"Umm, thanks?" I was not sure what else to do.

She was not ignoring me or snapping at me. She seemed fine. What brought this on?

"So did you get down reading Macbeth anymore? I am coming back this weekend." She offered herself and this time I am sure something was not right.

"Are you sick or something?" I asked, very confused right now.

"No, not really. Why?" She frowned at my sudden question.

"Why are you being nice to me?"

"Oh, that. Well, some guys came up to me and apologised for the bad behaviour."

"Does that mean you forgave me?" I asked, kind of feeling relieved.

"Getting there," And her eyes softened as she looked at me.

Thump, thump, thump. Like a melodramatic girl, I could feel my heart beating loud enough.

So I asked the obvious worry in my mind.

"Can you hear me heart right now?" Her eyes widened and she blinked at me like I was insane.

"Well, it's good you can't. It's beating too loudly, louder than normal all thanks to that smile of yours." I stated truthfully.

But she had to exaggerate my truth by blushing.

"Are you coming to the party tomorrow?" I asked not sure what to say right now.