Freya

I want to be far,

Yet I go only near,

He makes me feel things,

But none of them is fear.

Freya

I placed the flowers on my father's grave and a tear escaped my eyes. I wanted to come over to my old place and hence I missed class on Friday. When Alexander asked the reason I almost let it slip but I was not ready to share it yet. I was not ready to share that I talked to my father's grave once in a while or that I cry here for hours or that I wish he could still just walk out of that grave.

"I missed you," I whispered and sat down next to the grave.

"I am fine I think. I just keep getting some weird visions. And I have a good new, " I rambled on, "Since I shifted to a new tone , I don't have nightmares anymore. Maybe the shrink was right."

I dusted off the dried flowers and leaves slowly while I continued to talk.

"There is this boy, Alexander. He is- was such a jerk to me. But now he is hell bent on my apology. Well, you always taught me to be forgiving and nice but he made people think stupid things about you. He makes me angry and sometimes really weird. But the weirdest part is he makes me feel safe.

Even when he bullied me, he gave off that vibe. Dad, am I losing sanity?"

I sighed and buried my head in between my knees.

"Freya, its so good to see." A female voice jerked me to attention.

"Do I know you?" I asked slightly anxious at a pretty girl walking towards me with a thousand watt smile.

"I am Haylien's sister, Alicia." She introduced herself and I frowned as to why she was here.

"I live in this town and visiting a family member. I saw you so I thought I should say Hi." She explained herself and I gave her a small smile.

"So how are things back at school?" She asked as we have been friends for a long time.

"Good, I think?" I answered rather uncomfortably.

"How is the bully?" She sounded amused somehow.

"Bullying me to forgive him."

She laughed at my words and I swear it was damn angelic.

"As per Haylien's observation, he likes you." She said and this time, I laughed out loud.

"He hated from the first moment we met. Liking isn't in Alexander's book." I explained her my reason of laughing.

"Does he give out absurd compliments to you?" She asked with twinkling eyes.

I nodded.

"Does he want you around by any way possible?" She asked and thinking for a while I nodded.

He does threaten me to stay close or he roams around me.

"Then he likes you. The question is, do you like him?" She sounded really worried as if it a serious problem.

I didn't like him, he was a bully. I just liked his smile and maybe his hair and just one time when he saved or maybe when we did reading together.

Oh, oh.....Do I like him? I can't, he is way out of my league and also dangerous for me.

"I am trying to friends with him," I answered diplomatically.

She chuckled at this.

"Friends, sure, that's the first step." She mumbled I think.