Xander

I am running away,

Because it scares me,

The feelings that I feel,

The person I can be.

Xander

How could she think that a mask and a heavier voice could fool me? She was my bully target and I did was observe her. I knew her, I know those brown eyes, I know those dark locks and the weird thing was I can recognise her even by her shadow.

When I saw Michael dragging her away, I had to make a split-second decision when I held on to her wrist. It was a crazy confliction in my mind, I didn't have feelings for her and yet I wanted her next to me. The habit of having her around maybe? Since she was my slave for past week.

I let her lie and think she was fooling me by playing Fiona. She thought I was trying to smooth talk her into sleeping with me. But such thought didn't even cross my mind. But my eyes were busy scrutinizing her, her eyes, her cheeks, her lips she troubled very often with her teeth. She sucked at dancing but I was in no mood to let her go.

She was bad at lying and fooling people. No other girl beside her would ignore me or insult me, and she did both. I am short tempered, even my mom knows that to whom I am a gentle person but I didn't feel the anger on her words even after she called me a jerk.

From a distance she was pretty but up close a weird though stuck my head; she was the most beautiful human from my perspective.

*For those who don't remember, he thinks the same thing in previous two books*

I have never thought of any girl this way.

But the sad part was she was not into good looking guys. I thought every girl was into good looking guys. She wanted everything I was not beside witty, of course.

It was like she was having her revenge on me for being a bully. I deserved it but question still lingered in my mind. Do I want her to stay? She rattled my nerves in mere ten days of her presence, what will she do if she lives here for the whole senior year. Am I ready to give a shot to something different or am I too scared to feel, too scared to live without that vacuum in my heart?

She was really careless and was not hiding her identity too well. She almost defended herself for the birthmark which I criticized back in chem. I have lost count of the number of girls I have played with, number of girls I have held in my arms but no one made me feel as if she was meant to be there.

But somehow with her in my arms, the hole in my heart was gone. Why her? Why now?

My reaction to her was like every person's reaction to a new thing that makes you feel different and kind of weird. Stay away from her, it was a like silent warning in the back of my head but all my tries have failed so far.

"Can I steal her for a moment?" A boy asked and the words had a sharper effect on me that it should.

My grip on her waist tightened on its own accord as if my mind knew I owned her.

"Who are you?" My tone was sharp and held a challenge.

This girl was not a good influence on me. I have never shown possessiveness over any female.

"Oh, my mistake, I am Haylien Duvan, a new addition to this town and your school." He added with a grin, his eyes sparkling with mischief behind the mask.

He seemed a little older than us and him joining the school gave me a sour taste in my mouth.

"So?" My hands not leaving Freya...for present Fiona's waist.

"So, beautiful care to dance?" He asked Freya, completely ignoring my cold glare.

What is it to you Alexander, leave her and let her dance? My mind was trying to talk sense in me.

But I still waited for Freya's response. She was waiting for a chance to escape me. This hurt me more than it should even though I should have expected this after my behaviour with her.

"Sure." She smiled at him curtly and I had another unfamiliar yet well-known feeling; jealousy.

Before I could react, he pulled her away from me and the ache returned to my heart. I was fuming, I was agitated but I just stood there as Haylien 'ass-hole' Duvan wrapped his arms around her.

This has never happened, this should not happen but it did. My jaw gritted at the scene in front of me. All of my friends were busy with their dates or else I would look like a maniac to them right now. My eyes were glued to them and I was in desperate need of distraction from this absurd behaviour.

Haylien was dancing with her and made her laugh once in a while. I was supposed to be her bully but I regretted in that moment not making her laugh. He twirled her and her eyes widened in surprise. A slight blush formed on her cheeks and desire unfurled in my heart.

But when the song ended, Haylien stepped away and planted a peck on her cheek, I realised that I had it in me to kill someone.

You should have stayed away from her. My mind reprimanded me and maybe I should have.

Before I could move away or towards her, she was being pulled away by her usual companion, the goth girl. Haylien gave her a smile and smirked at the goth girl.

And then he walked towards me with a smile. Taking off the mask, he said, "She is beautiful, isn't she?"

I frowned at him, his face. I felt anger, I felt annoyed, I felt jealousy (God forbid) but I waited for the obvious emotion and it never came; hatred. How was it possible that I didn't hate the guy?

"Is she yours?" He asked her eyes still on Freya.

He was asking if she was available for dating or not. My first instinct was to say, she is not mine. My slave, yes. My girl , not in this life. But my mind was playing with me and I was stuck with my words.

"I will ask her out if she is single." He was challenging me, taunting me.

Can he see my emotions even behind the mask?

"Sure dude, be my guest. She is one tough cookie, her mother doesn't allow dating I think." I was making excuses.

"I am charming enough." He grinned.

The nerve of that guy.

"I thought she was dancing with you , so I should ask you first." He was amused by something.

He will go for her if he finds out she is single. But I shouldn't be worried. She was not even my slave anymore. She can date however she wants. I was over thinking this, why?

"You are still the same." Haylien now looked at me, mocking me with his eyes.

"What?"

"Seeing how you are silent, you are not the boyfriend. I will date her then." He didn't explain his earlier statement.

And then I made a mistake that I regretted the minute I made it.

"Fine date her, charm her or do whatever. She is nothing but a bullying toy for me."

Lie, Lie, the words sounded a big fat lie even to my own ears.

Haylien smirked at me, "Fine then, for now, I will play her guardian."

--------------------------------------

Haha..these two make me smile XD

Share your thoughts, guesses, reactions. You know I love them all. :)

How was the chapter? The sexy elder prince is already creating trouble.

And....Alexander knew, Fiona was Freya? What did you think about this revelation?

Please do vote and enjoy reading :)