Freya.

From the fire,

From the ice,

He is guarding me,

With intensity twice.

Freya

"Is it right for me to do this?" I asked Brenna on a Skype video call.

"He is the same guy who bullied you, right?" She confirmed for the hundredth time.

I nodded and she sighed, tapping one finger on her chin thinking deeply.

"He apologised and even saved you, right"

I nodded again.

"And now he is asking you to wear his jersey, you know what that means right?"

I know it was big things for guys to give up their sports jersey. I know that only their girlfriends or some girl who they cared about wears that. It is a symbol of their pride and ego.

"Why did I even agree?" I scratched my head in frustration.

"Because it is clear Freya, you like him," Brenna said it like a matter of fact.

I do, I like Alexander Comhan. I confessed it to him but I am not even sure how that happened.

"Wear it," Brenna said confidently with a smile.

"I should?"

This time, she nodded and I know I will wear it because I just got another approval in my head.

***

The jersey was too big for me and I had to wear a bralette underneath. But there was no denying that it was super cool. On the back was number fourteen and Comhan written on it. As I walked in the basketball court, I could feel several eyes drilling in my back. The word Comhan on my clothes attracted a lot of attention and that was making my inside squirm.

People whispered and I tried to block out but it was prominent and uncomfortable.

A hand gripped my arm and I looked up to see Haylien and on the other side Tessa. I immediately relaxed.

"Thank God, you guys are here."

"Thank God indeed." Haylien muttered and found our seats on the stands.

"He asked you to wear his jersey?" Tessa reacted the same way Brenna did.

But I noticed the subtle changes in her. She was not the dark gothic girl, she looked pretty with less black on her eyes and in her clothes. It seemed she was not as unaffected by Haylien as she pretended to be.

"This is .... Intense." She used her own language to convey that this was a big matter.

"You look nice, btw," Haylien commented like an approving older brother that made me smile decreasing all the discomfort.

The roaring crowd informed us that the teams were entering.

My eyes unintentionally searched for him as rest of the guys passed in a blur. And by some miracle even his eyes looked for me. On finding me, his face lit up with a big smile we seldom see on him. Girls were swooning over him, both from our school and rival school.

But it was some kind of satisfaction to see him smiling at me. He made a okay sign with his fingers looking at my outfit and I shrugged casually though butterflies suddenly invaded my stomach.

"This is as amazing as it is weird." Tessa said.

"What is?"

"Him, seeing Alexander the demon guy smiling and flirting this way is weird but with you in the picture I find it amazing." She clearly said out the words on her mind.