Xander

There is a pull,

That I can't ignore,

As I try to walk away,

I am pulled in more.

Xander

I have been angry before but never before the nerves in my head were ready to burst open. When I saw her and those boys troubling her, I knew what real anger was. And if in that moment I had the power to destroy the world, I would have done that.

But the reason behind the anger remained a mystery to me.

I felt unnerved when I saw her trembling on the ground. I sat down beside her and after a moment of contemplating my hand touched her shoulder. I was worried that she might push me away but surprising me yet again, she leaned into my touch and sobbed.

Why? Why? Why was it that her seeing her cry was heartbreaking for me? She was nothing but trouble.

"You are safe now Freya. I will not let anyone hurt you." I said out those words on a spur of the moment.

But it was kind of true. It bothered me when people bullied her and now I was going to stop all this.

Her hands clutched on the front of my shirt as she tried to calm herself down. After a moment she lifted her head up and looked at me with something I have never seen in her eyes when she looks at me ; gratitude.

I realised I can see more of that, I liked it.

"T-Thank you." She stammered her voice thick with emotion right now.

"Can you get up?" I asked as gently as possible.

She nodded and I pulled her up, her closeness making me feel weird and...warm.

I walked her over to my bike and she followed her head hung down in shame. Why was she this way? This was not her fault.

I wished I had brought over a car. Why do you suddenly care?

But she didn't object and got on the bike without any protest. And I think I am going crazy because I was happy like a stupid boy with a crush. I started the bike and removed the break making the bike lurch forward a little. Her hands gripped on my jacket tighter making me wish her hands were around my waist.

What the hell Alexander, where are these thoughts coming from?

After a while of her drive, I felt her head against my shoulder. I felt rigid all of a sudden but the warm waves cascaded through my body. The vacuum in my heart was gone altogether but that was not it, I felt complete, satisfied like I have never felt before.

I had no idea where her home was so I stopped in front of Barney's, mostly to get some sugar in her system. When she did lift her head, I realised she felt asleep. I had no idea what I felt right now, her trust in me both baffled and pleased me.

"Freya, get up." I shook her gently not able to get off the bike.

She distanced herself from me with a jerk as she woke up and I felt her loss immediately.

What was this weird feeling?

"Why are we here?" She mumbled, thankfully not shivering now.

"To get you some food."

"No, please take me home."

"You need to eat , Freya." I said sternly .

"I am grateful for today Alexander, I really am. But that doesn't make us buddies. You do know all this happening because you started it." Her tone was tired and it hit me like million needles.

I wanted to say the words I am sorry but I was silent feeling guilty.

Why was I hurting her, she did no wrong? I couldn't accept the kind helping girl around me who suddenly made me feel something new and I was scared if it.

"Okay, I will take you home."

"No need, leave her be you idiot. For now I will take her." Haylien walked up from behind making me clench my jaw in anger.

He said it like he was patronizing me for something and not like a jealous boyfriend.

Freya didn't even give me a chance and walked over to Haylien, looking relieved and got in his car. And did I mention, it hurt like hell? Again, why? I had no idea.

***

My knuckles should be hurting but I was fine, they were bleeding but my anger covered all the pain. While around ten guys around me lay groaning in pain. In the corner of the auditorium stood girls huddled together , scared of me.

"What did I say? Leave. Her. Alone. But what did you do?" I yelled putting all the menace into my voice.

"You dare hurt her!" I saw Hailey tremble in fear.

"No one hurts her, don't even talk to her badly because if you do remember that I will be there to show you to your grave." They hurried out mumbling an agreement.

I sighed and slumped on the sparkling clean floor. I had no idea why I did that but I wanted to protect her now. The glimpse of that satisfactory feeling that I felt when she was close to me was really tempting and made me want to protect her, keep close to me now.

My mother called me for like fifty times, there were calls from Josh and other guys. But it shocked me to accept that the only person I wanted to around right now was, her. I knew where she lived now. Like a stupid person, I followed Haylien when he dropped her.

My mind was having a conflict. Should I go? Should I not?

But I eventually my heart took over and I walked out of the auditorium. The cold wind hit my face and I felt all the injuries now. I was feeling messed up like I was supposed to do something but I was not doing it. I closed my eyes in frustration and saw some flashes.

Freya, her blushing beautifully as she hung to my collar. Freya again, looking at me with awe and trust. Freya, asking me if I was about to kiss her.

That hit me hard and I was jolted back to reality. Was I seeing the future? What was this?

Whatever this was, it helped me made my decision. I revived the bike's engine and drove to her house in the dead of the night.

_______________________________

Updated Finally! :)

I hope this will make up for the late update and made you smile.

And can we just say....poor, adorable Xander! XD

A little request people, Ficition Awards are up, if you feel like it please go and nominate one of my books :) I will be grateful.

And remember, vote and comment people.