Freya

He is like a riddle,

Too hard to understand,

He is so close,

Yet out of reach of my hand.

Freya

Insanity knows no boundary I guess because here I was stuck in a stupid situation all because I am a certified nerd. I loved reading, who doesn't? Apparently, that jerk didn't and now I had to help him read. What is he, a six-year-old kid?

But I have to admire his persistence. He wanted to amends things or maybe he was playing games, whatever it was, he was working hard for it. My insults, my reprimands bounces off him only making him laugh.

I like your eyes Freya, they are like molten chocolate

His words are etched in my mind now. Why is he so abrupt and brazen with his words? Of course he didn't mean it when he said that. A guy as stunning as Alexander never looks at a girl like me. It is a universal law, attractive people attract more beauty. Average people just remain average. Besides that , we both were in a different league and I didn't want to be Cinderella and go for the dark prince.

"Stop thinking about me now." His familiar, velvety tone called out as he came next to my locker.

"I don't like torturing myself with such things Alexander." I snapped at him.

"I thought we were on better terms now." He gave me a look of mock hurt.

"You don't defame my father, make me a bullying target and even had me sexually assaulted and then get on good terms with me just like that because now your mood is like that." I retorted putting all my anger in my words.

There was an undeniable charge, a fire between us but it will be foolish and shameless on my part to just forgive him this easy.

My words affected him and he looked he was slapped. His eyes held pain and guilt but I moved ahead before he can utter a word.

After a moment, a hand gripped my arm and turned me sharply. I stood face to face with Alexander. A sense of déjà vu hit me but this time in my dream like vision Alexander was kissing me and shocked at my thoughts I pulled myself out.

What the bloody hell, Freya?

"I get what I want Freya." He said with an intensity that had me trembling slightly.

"And what is that? Defeating me in other sick games of yours," I challenged him with my eyes.

"To get you to forgive me," I scoff at his confidence.

I wriggled out of his touch because as much as I would like to lie but his touch, his eyes made me weak. And not bad weak, good weak.

"Get used to my presence," He pulled me closer and his finger left burning trails on my arms, "Get used to my touch," He bent even closer and I shivered involuntarily as his breath grazed my ear, "Get use to me because I am not going anywhere."

My eyes fluttered close, overwhelmed at his proximity, the way he was making me feel.

"And Freya, breathe." He chuckled and stepped away.

My eyes snapped open and I tried my best to glare at him but I had no energy and my mind was hazy. He made me feel something I have never felt, something strange, yet pleasing.

As he walked away I realised what have I gotten myself into.

***

"Thanks for dropping me off," I smiled at Michael for the sweet guy he was.