Xander

Tell my eyes,

To look away from her,

Stop my mind,

From imagining even further.

Xander

"So how was my gift to you?", Haylien asked me with a smug look.

That guy had the talent to irritate me.

"You got her drunk and that was not right Haylien." I was not completely being truthful.

Drunk Freya made my life easy. She confessed something that she wouldn't have said in a million years otherwise.

"Did you two kiss yet?" He asked unabashedly.

"Not yet." And I sighed as if this distressed me too much.

It was no use denying that I wanted to kiss her. But would this be too fast?

"Am I supposed to do everything for you two?" He sounded exasperated.

Why was he doing all this in the first place?

"It is my personal matter, so stay out of this." I almost glared at him.

"Like I would stay out of my own brother's business." I heard him mumble slowly.

Or so I thought.

"What did you just say?"

"Nothing. Tell me you have an event coming up soon?" He asked.

I rummaged through my mind to answer his question.

"A basketball match."

"Why? You just won a tournament."

"I know but this is the match with out of town school. We have been rivals since one of ours shifted there and turned enemy. "

"Awesome then," Haylien muttered.

"Why is it awesome?"

"You will not understand. You were never intelligent anyway."

This boy was insane at some level.

***

Reading was never this exciting. I was waiting for her in my library glad that my mom already knew or had some inkling about it. Till the time went by I got up and started searching for the book she was once reading in the library; something about angels.

Suddenly a sharp pain hit my head and gripped the closest shelf in the area. My eyes squeezed shut and a scene formed in my head like a memory. It was sharp and clear and unusual than before. And I was damn sure it was real.

I was in a library and it was not one of our school. She was sitting there reading a book and she looked different, a little happier than now.

"What are you reading?" I sat down and looked at her book for a title.

She politely showed me the cover and I smiled at her.

"You believe in miracles?" I asked my heart bursting with hope.

"Yes, actually I do. There is someone above who hears and sees all our problems. Miracles happen if you believe in Him." She answered sounding a little defensive.

I leaned forward and asked, "Do you believe in angels?"

I wished silently that she says yes.