Xander

Few pieces click together,

Feels like I am reborn,

She is a part of every piece,

Antidote to everything wrong.

Xander

Excruciating pain shot through my body as I sat struggling in my room. As soon as I reached back home I realized the whole bonfire party plan was Hailey's way of calling me back. And she took dad's help. Only person he knew could force be back. I was furious but rushing back to Freya was stupid since she was coming back to school the next day.

But I was been held back in my room for two days now my body in constant pain of some kind. My brain kept getting flashes of white light and I had high energy soaring inside my body.

Another electric jolt shot through my body and I had to clutch my head holding back a scream. And suddenly I was not in my room, I was somewhere else. I recognized it well enough somehow and walked to the only person in the room that was too white. The windows showed white floating clouds outside and the person standing was facing his back towards me.

I tapped his shoulder and he turned leaving me shocked.

"Brother, you remember?" Haylien asked and I was at loss for words.

"Haylien, what is happening to me?" He looked amused at my question.

"Do you know where you are?" He asked and I shook my head in a no.

"Do you know who you are?" I should have answered confidently but again my head moved to refuse.

"And who I am?" He sounded hopeful this time.

And surprising myself I answered, " My brother."

I smiled formed on his face and I saw white wings on his back. The room cleared around me and I realized, this was my elder brother's room and Haylien was my angelic elder brother.

***

Thursday I should up for school and frantically searched for Freya. The pain was gone and I felt powerful, like really powerful. I could hear the things that was probably not possible for a human ear to hear like heartbeats.

But the amazing thing was how among hundreds and thousands of heartbeats I could recognize her heart beat. It was in sync with mine.

She was standing next to Haylien and Tessa but before I could reach her, Hailey's arm looped into mine.

"Let her be Alex, she is going on a date with Leonard this weekend." She informed in her venomous sweet tone.

Her words hit me like needles in my heart and I stopped to glare at her.

"I am not lying, ask her if you like." Her sly smile said she was not lying.

I jerked my hand away from her causing her to scowl at me and walked towards Freya.

"Freya." My voice came out cold and harsh.

She looked at me and her face filled with life as she smiled. I felt the anger being replaced but I had to be angry and hold on.

"Alexander, I am glad you got back from the trip with your dad." I frowned and saw Haylien giving me a signal.

So he lied about my whereabouts.

"And while I was gone you got too close to Leonard?" I said in an angry tone.

She bit her lip and looked guilty like hell. But with each passing second ,it was getting harder to be angry at her. With her this close all I wanted to do is hold her in my arms and kiss her.