Are You

Yoshiko wasn't so sure of what to think. She was walking around a festival with Miyuki, trying to keep her distance in case if someone thought that they were dating but not too far either in case she lost him in the crowds. She hummed awkwardly, her fingers tapping on her thigh. She glared up to Miyuki as he was looking around the shop for anything interesting and everything was interesting.

Yoshiko needs to stop once every five minutes just because Miyuki finds something interesting. "Dammit," she quietly sighed at herself. This time Miyuki had stopped himself to watch a man making takoyaki, I mean Bro, it's just takoyaki. I have a cat named Takoyaki for goodness sake, she thought. Yoshiko stopped and buried her hands deep inside her pockets as she stared at him.

Maybe it was because how sleepy and tired she was or it was just her imagination but it seemed that Miyuki has... sparkles all over him? He has that pink aura around him that only appears in romance manga, it kinda reminds Yoshiko of herself in some ways. You know, how pink her hair and the aura is.

"Oi, Yoshi-chan," Miyuki suddenly appeared in front of her, "you can stop staring now," he said with a pokerface but Yoshiko knew that he was smirking and bursting with happiness inside.

"Just wondering how can someone look so bad in glasses. And don't call me Yoshi-chan, there's a reason that my parents added 'ko' to my name."

"You wear glasses too," Miyuki replied, his eyes rolling. "And why? To make you sound more feminine?"

"Yes but I look way better than you," Yoshiko replied back with the same arrogant tone that Miyuki uses almost all the time. "Exactly."

Miyuki didn't reply. Seeing that she shut him down, Yoshiko smirked in triumph. "Hah, since it's almost midnight and the firework show is gonna start, I'm gonna visit the shrine for a minute so you sit your ass somewhere and wait for me," Yoshiko said as she started to jog lightly.

"Wait I thought you're gonna find a mochi stand?"

"Right," Yoshiko said, stopping before turning around, "yeah can you buy them for me, please?" Yoshiko forced a smile to persuade Miyuki. "Okay so basically just buy 2 sets or 12 pieces of mochis. Pay with your money, I know you're rich Miyuki and um I'll pay you back later. Bye!" Yoshiko explained in a hurry before jogging to the shrine.

Right before the steps up the shrine, Yoshiko stopped to steady her breathing, her hand rubbing her chest as she looked back, making sure that Miyuki hadn't followed her. You see, Yoshiko only makes wishes out loud, so she knows that it is real. It would be embarrassing if Miyuki knows what her wishes are.

As she reached the top of the stairs, Yoshiko immediately sighed in relief that not many people is there. She began to kneel in front of the shrine and put her hands together.

"Haruichi and Aniki would fix their relationship," Yoshiko started to list her wishes one by one. "They can both experience nationals together. I'd get at least top 5 on this year's exam. Try to play baseball once - " it's weird how Yoshiko knows so much about baseball but the last game she played was probably so long ago. "- get a new baseball bat for Haruichi. Get Aniki some new pair of gloves. Speak to Aniki's friend more often..." and the list goes on and on and on. Or maybe just 3 more wishes that doesn't really matter.

As soon as she finished praying, Yoshiko immediately stand up then run down the stairs towards where she left Miyuki only to find him sitting on a pavement slightly taller than the main road with a blue plastic bag on his hands. Wow he did buy the mochis.

"Mi yu ki!" Yoshiko waved as she walks towards him. He stood up and placed a hand inside of his jacket pocket.

"Here's the mochi that you order, my lady," he bowed dramatically, his hand out with the plastic bag to offer to Yoshiko. Yoshiko grunted and took the plastic bag.

"How much was it?" Yoshiko asked, her hand reaching to get the wallet from her bag.

"200¥" he answers with a straight face.

"Don't lie."

"Fine. It's a hundred yen." Miyuki smirked, his fingers moving in the way that said 'pay up'.

"Whatever," Yoshiko said, giving Miyuki two coins. Then she started to walk towards the bridge.

"After the firework show we're going home right?" Miyuki asked, catching up to her as he brought a hand on his mouth to cover his yawn. Yoshiko just nodded in agreement, her hands going up to tighten her ponytail.