Let's

The ride home was awkward. At least for Yoshiko.

At first, she refused to go with Tetsu, claiming that she could go home tomorrow, that she still have one day off from her work, that she still wanted to spend more time with Haruichi.

But Tetsu insisted that she came along because the announcement of the first string is going to be held that night, that very night, and if Kataoka wasn't an adult, Yoshiko would've punched him for not telling her sooner.

Yoshiko ended up packing everything she has (in a rush too, everything was scattered around her room) before pinching Haruichi's cheeks then catching the next train.

Haruichi made her promise that she was going to video call him that night to fix his batting form. Yoshiko only winked without giving an answer.

The walk to the station was awkward, the ticket-buying was awkward, the queueing up to buy drinks from the vending machine was awkward.

Tetsu seemed like he wanted to start a conversation with her but just didn't know how to.

"Cat," he said out as they were both sitting on a bench, his index finger pointing to a three-coloured cat licking it's paw near the yellow line.

Yoshiko nodded, "Cat."

The bright sunlight quickly turned lukewarm orange as their train arrived. As courtesy for his coach, Tetsu helped carry Yoshiko's bag inside.

"Do you think I'll make it to the starting line?" Tetsu asked once they found a nice place to settle in.

Yoshiko took her backpack from his hands and placed it between them in order to avoid any weird contact. It wasn't like it was weird though, Tetsu's blank stare showed that he practically didn't care at all, it's was all in her mind. She's overreacting.

Yoshiko hummed to answer, "I think you'll make it." She tapped her chin to think. "I think you, and Aniki, and Jun-san, oh maybe Masuko-san too."

Tetsu looked like he was satisfied with her answer, face practically beaming with pride.

"To be honest, Kataoka-kantoku is a little secretive. I talked to Rei-san and Oota-san for a bit and they never knew what he's thinking either," Yoshiko sighed, leaning back on her seat as the trains started to move.

Tetsu glanced down at her before looking straight ahead again.

"It's a bit tiring, I mean, it's his decision as head coach of course, but like... You know?"

Yoshiko mumbled before realising that she had spilled her thoughts—her entire true feelings—to Tetsu. Out of all people, it has to be Yuuki Tetsuya.

Of course he wouldn't get it, dammit. Yoshiko turned to cover her face as embarrassment starts to spread from her chest to her body.

Well, there no taking back her words.

"To be honest, I'm not quite sure that I get it," Tetsu started and Yoshiko lets out a sigh of relief. At least he's honest. "But thank you for being honest with me. And thank you for helping the coach with dealing with us. Takashima-sensei told me that you're good at coming up with programs and training menus. We can't do it without you, Ichinen Kominato."

Yoshiko blinked.

She didn't expect such words to come out of Tetsu's mouth. It was a little cheesy, sure, but it warmed her heart. Yoshiko looked away for a moment before looking up to smile at him.

"Why are you so good at talking like that, Tetsu-san?"

Tetsu shrugged, his eyes formed a small smile before replacing it with his empty look. "I guess I'm just that cool."

Yoshiko laughed against her hand, "Please. Maybe Kantoku will make you the captain next year."

"Me?" Tetsu glanced down at her again, scoffing. "As if."