You Think

Ah, it's that time of the year again, Yoshiko thought as she stepped outside her dorm, her mood high up on the sky. It's a week before the mid-semester exam and Yoshiko had always love watching people suffer as they memorise all the things they need to memorise.

Yoshiko, of course, wasn't budged by this.

I mean, why should she? She's literally the smartest kid in school. Other than her only sleeping 4 hours a day, life is good.

Yoshiko held her bag on her right hand as she made ever way to the campus ground.

Later, at lunch...

Yoshiko was eating with her friends. Miyuki said that it was surprising that she even had friends but Yoshiko ignored him as always.

Anyways, she was laughing and talking about how Kantoki Taiga from class 2-B was dating Ichimarou Keiko from class 1-C. But her laughers are soon interrupted by someone from behind her who coughed rather loudly to get her attention.

At first, Yoshiko wasn't aware, but one of her friends pointed on something behind her so Yoshiko turned around, "Hmm?" She lifted her eyebrows when she saw Kuramochi standing there with his hands inside his pocket.

"Yoshi," he started. The table went silent, and thankfully, the cafeteria was still busy so no one was quite paying attention.

"It's Yoshiko."

"Yoshiko."

"You forget something."

"You're making this too hard," Kuramochi whine, scratching the back of his head, "Come, I need to talk to you."

Yoshiko lifted another eyebrow, "Why?"

"Just follow me."

"No, what the— I haven't even finish my lunch," Yoshiko insisted, "Just tell me here."

Kuramochi looked up from Yoshiko's face to the people who was sitting with her before getting embarassed. Why? Because they're all girl who got all the top marks this semester.

"Ah, really!" Kuramochi said again, "Just come!"

"FINE! Fine!" Yoshiko raised her hands up in defense, saying a short 'see you later' to her friends before standing up to follow Kuramochi.

They sat on a lonely table in the corner of the large room.

Kuramochi had his hands on the table, looking nervous which made Yoshiko nervous which also made her friend watching them from afar nervous.

"Soooooo," Yoshiko started awkwardly, "What do you want?"

"I," he said quietly before continuing softly, too bad Yoshiko couldn't hear him.

"I can't hear you, speak louder," she groaned.

"I want..."

"You want..."

"...you—"

"wAIT YOU WANT ME—?"

"NO!!!" Kuramochi shook his hand in panic, looking around to see if anyone heard that, and thankfully no one did. Just him, Yoshiko's friend and Ryousuke. Kuramochi swallowed, nothing can go wrong.

"I want you to give me extra lessons, dammit," he sighed and slumped his shoulders, putting his head under his hands on the table.

"Ahhh," Yoshiko leaned back a little, putting her fingers under her chin, "on what?"

"Everything."

"EVERY—" Yoshiko was about to explode before stopping herself, "Did you pay attention to anything your teacher said in class?"

"Ermm..."

Yoshiko sighed, putting her chin on her hand, "So why do you want to study? That's not very Mocchi-like."

"I don't want the extra lessons from the teacher," he suddenly complained, "They're always so boring and I'm gonna miss the practice," he ended his rant with a frown, putting the side of his head against his arms on the table.

Yoshiko nodded her head again, "Okay sure," she shrugged after thinking for a while.

"Oh," Kuramochi suddenly looked up, "Really?"

"Really," Yoshiko nodded with a big smile, "But you gotta stay focus. Just for the exams right?"

"Yeah!" Kuramochi was sitting straight now, saluting at her, "I'LL WORK MY HARDEST, KOMINATO-SENSEI—"

"SHUT UP, PEOPLE ARE LOOKING!!!"