Home Isn't

"You go outside first, Haruichi."

Haruichi and Yoshiko had just finished shopping for food items in their local supermarket and Yoshiko was currently paying for them (with her hard earned money as Seidou's coach assistant, if I may add. She's definitely asking her dad for more money later).

Haruichi nodded, promptly leaving the supermarket door. What a hot day, summer is almost starting but he felt like it's already here.

Yoshiko promised that after shopping, she'd go to the park with him to look at his swinging and batting and work on his form, hence the baseball bat case on his back.

"Kominato!"

As Haruichi pulled the bike out of the bike stand, he turned around to see his... Err, friend from school.

The boy approached him, and Haruichi staggered back.

"A-Asano-kun..?"

"What are you doing?" Asano stopped in front of Haruichi, with both hands in his pocket.

"I was, uh, shopping with my sister."

"Ahh?" He looked around as if looking for her, "Really? She's back home?"

"For a while."

"Tell Yoshiko nee-chan I said hi," Asano's eyes darted from Haruichi's face to the baseball bat case on his back and Haruichi suddenly felt insecure. "Don't tell me you're still doing baseball?"

Haruichi's cheeks turned red, he scratched his cheeks, "Well, I'm hoping to continue in high school too.."

Asano frowned a little before lifting his shoulders, "Oh okay then. I just think it's kinda useless to play if you're just following your older brother right?"

"If you think about it," Haruichi mumbled, trying to just agree with him so that he'd quickly leave. Before Yoshiko come out of the store.

"I'll be going then," Asano tapped Haruichi's shoulder and Haruichi shuddered a little, he glanced back towards him but he was already walking away.

Haruichi placed his hand on his chest, letting out a breath that he had been holding for far too long.

"Ah," Yoshiko appeared behind him, "Asano-kun, right?"

"A-aneki!" Haruichi turned, "did you hear all that?"

"Hm? Yeah."

Yoshiko gave Haruichi the shopping bag, telling him to place it on the bicycle basket. "You gotta stand up for yourself, Haruichi."

"I-I am!"

"Uh huh," Yoshiko rolled her eyes, though still watching the slowly disappearing figure of Asano. "Asano Akira, huh... Haruichi, lend me your bat for a moment."

The comment caused Haruichi to focus his attention back to Yoshiko. "Huh?"

"Bat."

Haruichi shook his head, "W-what are you gonna do?"

"Practice my swinging," Yoshiko gave him a snicker, holding her hand out.

Haruichi's eyes widened a little before shaking his head again, harder this time. "Y-you're gonna die!"

"Oi," an irk mark appeared on Yoshiko's head. "I'm not a fragile little girl, it won't kill me."

Haruichi grabbed the case on his back, making sure that his wooden bat was still there. "You'll break it again!" He said, slightly yelling. He was glad that no one was around to hear them.

"Tch," Yoshiko lowered her hand, "It was an accident."

"Everything is an accident with you, Aneki."

Yoshiko wanted to glare at Haruichi but instead she looked away with her arms across her chest before breathing in quickly.

"You're right. Sorry. I let it get to me."

Haruichi nodded, trying to look at her face. "It's fine."

Yoshiko clapped her hands in the air twice, and it seemed like she was back to normal. "Ah, this town is really annoying... Shall we see your batting form, then, Haruichi?"