What It

Yoshiko managed to cook some rice and some mushroom stew from looking at recipes and cooking tutorial online. Haruichi was of course there to help her after he finished showering.

"It's Yoshiko and Haruichi's special Mushroom Stew!" Yoshiko grinned and clapped, shaking Haruichi's shoulders. She was honestly too excited for such a simple thing.

Yoshiko started untying her apron as Haruichi carefully moved the big bowl of stew from the kitchen counter to the table. She glanced at the clock, seeing it was 8 p.m. already. Mannn, baseball practice does take time.

"You eating now, Haru?"

He shook his head, "I think it's better to wait till Otou-san gets home, right?"

"I mean, if I were you, I'd—"

Ring ring ring.

The sound of her phone suddenly cuts her off.

Seidou's Tetsu-san is calling...

Tetsu-san...?

"Who's that, Aneki?"

"Oh, a senpai. I'll be taking care of this first yeah, Haruichi? Go eat. Eat a lot of rice."

Without letting Haruichi answer, Yoshiko exited the kitchen and went to the front of the house, sitting on the porch as she accepted the call.

"Kominato Yoshiko, what is it Tetsu—"

"What took you so long to answer the call?" Her brother's familiar voice echoed through the speaker. Yoshiko furrowed her eyebrows, taking the phone away to make sure that it was really Tetsu-san's phone.

"Aniki!?" She asked, leaning backwards. "Why are you using Tetsu-san's phone?"

"Answer my question, Yoshiko."

Yoshiko rolled her eyes. "Was talking to Haruichi. What else? Now answer mine."

"My phone got confiscated—I will not elaborate."

"Stupid Aniki is always stupid. Anyways what's up?"

She could practically hear him shrugging on the other side of the phone. "Just wanna ask how things are going at home."

Yoshiko paused. She was debating whether to tell her brother or not.

"What's going on?" The tone in Ryousuke's voice changed a little, it was faint, but it was there.

"Tousan and Kaasan. Fighting again."

Ryousuke clicked his tongue on the other side of the line. "Should've guessed it. How is Haruichi?"

"Kaasan hasn't been home for a couple of days, so Tousan has been feeding him bentos from the supermarket."

"What."

"Exactly," Yoshiko sighed, "If I had known it would be like this, I would go home more often. The food in Seidou is better."

"What are you two having today, then?"

"Cooked some stew together. Pretty sure that's the first decent food Haruichi has had in the last three days."

"I can't believe this," Ryousuke muttered under his breath, though Yoshiko could still hear him. "I left home knowing that I left you and Haruichi in good hands. Guess I was wrong."

"Haruichi is doing my regiment you know. Everyday."

"Bullshit."

"It's true!"

"I mean this is all bullshit, Yoshi—"

"Ehh, Ryo-san who are you talking to?"

"That your girlfriend, Ryo-san?"

Yoshiko immediately sweatdropped when she heard Miyuki and Kuramochi's sound in the background.

"If you say anything else," Ryousuke seemed to place his hand over Tetsu's phone to cover the mic, but Yoshiko could still hear him; "I'll kick your asses."

Aniki....

"Oh right, Ryo-san, do you have a moment? I need to talk to you about something."

Yoshiko recognized the voice belonging to Kuramochi's before pumping her hand. Yes, Mochi! Tell him about Haruichi!

"Later," Ryousuke said. "Now go. I'm not done talking."

Some small banters were heard but eventually Ryousuke returned to Yoshiko. "Sorry about that."

"No problem."

The two went quiet for a moment, Yoshiko knew Ryousuke was thinking of something to say so she stopped speaking.

"Make sure that Haruichi's eating enough food for practice as long as you stay there. I'll call Kaasan about this."

"Until my money's finished I'll make sure to cook—"

"Your money?"

"Who else? Tousan? He isn't even home yet."

Ryousuke went quiet, Yoshiko could hear a tapping noise which she could only guess was Ryousuke tapping his foot impatiently. "I'll talk to him as well. Pretty sure I left some money in my room, use it if you need to, kay?"

"Kay."

"Okay, good night."

"Wanna let Haruichi know you said hi?"

Ryousuke snickered, "I didn't though." Before hanging up.

Aniki... You're so cruel...