Chapter 5

I DECIDED ON A DOUBLE UPDATE AGAIN BC I ALREADY HAVE THIS CHAPTER READY AND ITS GIVING ANXIETY BY NOT POSTING IT

hope you like the chapter :)

-------------------------------------

Victoria's P.O.V.

It's been a week, school just ended for the day so another week of school over. It wasn't too bad though.

I'm supposed to see Jess tonight, I'll call to make sure we're still going out, because we'd be going soon. Jess hasn't answered me at all today, so I call their house in hopes I can speak to somebody there. It doesn't ring long, Nick picking up.

"Hello." He answers.

"Hey Nick, is Jess there? We're supposed to be going out tonight." I say.

"She's actually sick, she was going to tell you she can't, sorry." He tells me.

"Oh alright. Thanks." I reply, frowning at his response. 

I'm about to say bye and end the call but he stops me.

"But, uh maybe we could go somewhere?" He asks, sounding nervous.

"Yea sure." I smile even though he can't see me.

"I'll pick you up in about an hour." He says.

"Alright, bye." I say hanging up.

I go upstairs and get ready.

-

I finish getting ready and there's a knock at the door, I hadn't even notice it's been an hour.

Going to answer the door, I open it and his back is facing me and he runs a hand through his hair.

"Nick?" I say grabbing his attention.

He quickly turns and smiles, "Hi."

"Why do you seem so nervous, are you okay?" I ask with a small laugh.

"Yea, I'm good. Come on let's go." He smiles.

"Where are we going?" I question.

"Out to dinner." He tells me. "Then a movie."

"This better not be a fancy dinner..." I reply.

"Don't worry Vic, it isn't really." He tells me.

We drive off and get there in a short time. Things feel off, and it's making me nervous, thinking back to my conversation with Jess. 

Heading inside, we go and sit down at a booth.

We just talked and laughed for a bit until we ordered. Our food came and we started eating.

"So what's wrong with Jess?" I ask.

He shrugs his shoulders, "Not sure, she just said she wasn't feeling well."

"Oh? She still hasn't texted me back." I reply.

"She's been curled up in bed most of the day. She didn't say what was wrong. Assuming it's just a cold or something." 

I nod, knowing that's all it must be. It would've been nice if she let me know, instead of Nick cancelling for her. 

We finish eating and we paid.

He takes a deep breath while running a hand through his hair.

"Are you sure you're alright?" I ask him.

"Um, yea." He replied.

What's up with him?

"Are we going to go?" I question. "Won't we be late?"