Fluffy Surprise.

A hard wave of excitement rushed through your body as you heard a key turning in the lock of your apartment's door, accompanied by Steve's familiar, soft voice calling for your name. Grinning widely, you closed carefully the door of your bedroom before sprinting to run, jumping to his embrace.

"He-hey doll," Steve laughed, his lips planting soft kisses to your hair, his arms wrapped tightly around you, holding you close to him. "Gosh, I missed you so much."

"I know," you chuckled, pulling slightly further from him. Yet his hands on your waist he pulled you back to him, planning to connect his lips with yours for a deep kiss –yet his tries got cut short by your pain-filled yelp.

His expression changing from eager to deeply worried in nanoseconds, he stepped further from you, his eyebrows knitted.

"What's wrong?" Steve breathed out moving his fingers to the hem of your long-sleeved shirt.

"Oh no, no, nothing," you let out a nervous laughter, stepping slightly further from him –yet Steve, as usual, was way more quicker than you. Raising the hem of your shirt, he exposed your skin, covered in bright red scratches and cuts, causing the worry on his face to grow at least dozens of times deeper.

"Y/N what happened?" He cried out, causing you to nip your bottom lip between your teeth as you tried your best not to laugh at his unnecessary worrying. Failing hard, you burst into giggles, burying your face into your hands.

"I'm sorry," you laughed, shaking your head. "It was supposed to be a surprise-"

"What? That someone hurt you?" Steve breathed out in shock, rolling up the sleeves of your shirt to expose more scratches. "Doll you have to tell me what happened-"

"It's okay, Steve, really. I'm better than fine," you smiled brightly, gripping his face between your hands to connect your lips with his for a deep kiss, colored with earn and eagerness.

Relaxing seemingly under your gentle touches, Steve pulled you closer to him, his fingers caressing your neck as you tangled your fingers to his hair to deepen the kiss. Yet a bright smile rising to your lips made you broke the kiss.

"I have a surprise for you," you chuckled, trying your best not to jump up and down, as you pulled your confused boyfriend after you towards your bedroom.

"In addition to the condition of your body?" Steve mumbled, unable to hide the amusement in his voice. This was exactly one of the things he loved about you the most; the almost childish enthusiasm on your voice and the bright smile on your face as you were dying to tell him something.

Shaking his head, Steve followed you to the door of your bedroom, frowning his eyebrows as you stopped, your fingers wrapped against the doorknob and innocent smile playing on your lips.

"You will always love me, right?" You chuckled, your voice bubbly and your eyes twinkling brightly.

"I'm starting to get really confused," he laughed nervously, crossing his arms over his chest. Rushing, he nodded his head with a wide smile as he saw your suspicious stare. "Y/N you know I will."

"Phew, try to remember that promise," you smiled, nodding towards his crossed arms. "Oh, and I would keep those free for hedging."

"For hedging?" he repeated your words, confused laugh escaping his lips.

Grinning, you nodded your head, as you twisted the doorknob, causing Steve to yelp from surprise as you released a big ball of fur from the room.

"No way," Steve pointed at the creature that was hopping against his legs, the fluffy tail of it swinging recklessly from side to side. Steve's eyes twinkling brightly, his lips turned into wider than wide smile as he got on his knees to greet the new member of your family. "Y/N, you –you got us a puppy?"

"Yes," you squeaked with a laugh, nodding your head frequently. "I knew you had wanted one for ages and I thought that now that you were on a long mission, it was the perfect time to surprise you. Bucky helped me to arrange everything and I've been dying to tell you-"

A surprise laugh ran from your lips, cutting off your sentence as Steve pulled you down to the floor, crashing his lips against yours. Yet an acute barking caused both of you to laugh against each other's lips as the little guy wanted its part from the attention.

Steve laughed, lifting the puppy to his embrace, the wrinkles at the corners of his eyes causing your heart to melt in your chest. "Bye-bye alone time."