Couldn't talk yourself out of it?

I don't even know why I wrote this I just did, probably because people were complaining that I don't write enough Steve imagines!

Steve takes pride in a lot of things.

And one of the things on that list, perhaps a little more down the way is the fact that he's a good driver. It's placed right below paying all his bills on time. If it's anything to tack onto a fridge it'd be his credit score. But Steve also takes pride in the fact that he's humble, keeps those things to himself. That trait is listed somewhere in the top five.

Steve takes pride in the fact that he's a good driver. It's funny though, he wouldn't have ever known so. He wouldn't have known that he was a good one and to add it onto his list, just below his good credit. He wouldn't have known that his driving was something different, comparable or special. He wouldn't have known he was a great driver because he didn't have many to compare himself too. Everyone's pretty decent. And then he met Y/N. His lovable, annoying and intelligent Y/N. Thank everything for her.

So Steve takes pride in the fact that he's only gotten one traffic ticket. But he was able to dispute that one so it didn't count anymore. He doesn't even remember what it was for anymore. So none of that counts. None as of recent. Not one blemish can be found on his driving history. He can't say the same for his Y/N.

So obviously it's something he teases her about. He doesn't have much to tease her about because she's pretty flawless (or so he's said.) So Steve uses the sixth thing on his list of things he takes pride in.

He never misses an opportunity in front of him.

And he isn't above teasing her for something that's so available to him.

Whether it's how she can't physically parallel park. So yes, she will park a good ways away from wherever she needs to be just to avoid the ordeal. And Y/N can't remember but Steve is positive he's had to do it for her a few times. But she's found the bright side. At least the person behind her can have a nice parking spot, he or she will know what to do with it. And Y/N will get some extra exercise in, to wherever she needs to be and back.

He's had his fun with giving her a hard time. He likes that look on her, where there might be just one thing she isn't as good at. That maybe he's won at least one thing.

But in her defence, that last time wasn't her fault. The stop sign wasn't visible at all. So she ran it. 'It was hidden by the tree branch! Maybe the city should use the taxes I pay to cut that damn tree branch! Instead of handing tickets out like candy!' And then Steve had to remind her that she's got to stop anyway, it's common sense to do so. To look both ways for oncoming traffic but she had already zoned out by then and decided she was the last one to be caught in the wrong. And Steve's hands are tied by that point. He calls it the Y/N impact zone. The one where if he presses it a bit too much she'll blame him for not taking her side. 'Who's side are you on!' 'The law!' 'Showing your true colours today aren't you?'

'Just stop next time, that's what this is all about.'

'I'll do what I want.'

'See you back here in a month's time then.'

She can't say the same for the parking tickets she's gotten though. There weren't any tree branches, hedges or leaves hiding those. She's twice forgotten to feed the parking meter. She parks then forgets about all the rest.

And Steve is almost completely certain that NYC owes Y/N back for how much she's given them. He's sure that no one has to pay taxes anymore because Y/N is financing the state just fine with all her parking violations.

He's sure that the clean streets and someone's generous salary has a lot to do with the fact that on one Monday morning Y/N forgot about street cleaning. Or that on a that Thursday afternoon she forgot about the parking meter.