Steps

So the past month consisted of me adopting @iGirl7Plus officially as my child who helped me come up with this idea and also this one is pretty long and realllllllllyyyyyyyyy mature so read at ya own risk! And the new pictures of Chris at his friend's wedding partly inspired this ahaha. Vote/Comment/Follow and thanks so much for all the votes this book has recently received I can't thank you guys enough. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU IS AMAZING!

.....................................................................................................................

His foot always began to tap at the right song.

Even at a young age Christopher would sway to every chime and bass that penetrated the walls of his home whenever his mum brought out her old vinyl player. He'd dash into the room grabbing at her hands as his weight would lift him up and down and up and down to the beat of the rhythm. He liked the way his mum would laugh at his dance moves, mimicking him to join the fun – which he had to admit felt rewarding since his sister often complained about his pigeon-toed feet.

When little seven year old Chris found out he was going to his first wedding he was quite excited to say the least. His head nodded all the way through the church and into the reception hall. The music from the live band surprised him and he couldn't wait to find the dance floor and pounce around with his mum.

"Mumma," he whined, tugging on her long dress. "I wanna dance again mumma!"

"Oh honey mumma's tired," she sighed crashing down on the seat closest to her. "Why don't you go on and dance with Shana, hmm?"

He glanced at his sister and shook his head rather violently. "No. She always tells me I step on her feet. I wanna dance with you!"

"Bub, why don't you ask that little girl over there?" She twisted her son around to find you in a floral dress that shimmered against the lights thanks to all the glitter it displayed. "I reckon she'd dance with you."

"Go on now, mumma will watch." She said with a pat to his cheek and a light push in your direction. Once he shuffled away, Lisa sighed and rubbed at her aching feet. He really does step on people's feet.

Lisa watched as her small boy in the little tuxedo tapped the girl's shoulders with a faint blush to his cheeks. Your pigtails turned to the side as you instinctively shook your head at his question. And Lisa frowned at the slump in Chris's shoulders when he waddles back to her.

"Oh my love," she cooed, bringing him in for a hug and kissing his head. "Was her loss anyways. Mumma will dance with you after she has some rest okay?"

"Um excuse me?" The light and familiar voice brought his head up from his mother's lap. "Mum told me I was rude and shouldn't say no like that."

His smile twisted up instinctively as your head turned down and you rocked on the edges of your feet. "Do ya still wanna dance?"

"Okay! I – "

"Wait," you sighed, putting one hand on your hip while the other points to his face. "You didn't ask me porperly."

"Properly, hun" Lisa chimed in.

You nodded, face scrunching in determination. "Pro-per-ly."

"Ya see I'm a princess! And you're a prince and you have to ask me like a prince!" You lifted your fluffy dress on the tips of your fingers and bowed to him and nodded your head when he bowed as well.

His tiny hand moved in front of you remembering all the Disney movies he'd watch. "My lady."

"My lord," you giggled, gingerly taking his fitting hand as you both waddled to the dance floor.