Bed***

I would highly recommend listening to "PILLOWTALK" by ZAYN (I still don't understand all the capital letters, tbh) while you read this. Or...ya know...when you're in a mood. Or...thinking about Chris. Or...in the middle of gettin' busy. You know, whatever suits your fancy...

Also, this is going to be quite explicit. Just FYI. Children, look away. 

Also, does anyone want a dedication in the next chapter, its gonna be smut too...? 

————————————————————————————————-

There were very few things you loved more than spending an entire day with Chris in bed. The tradition of doing so probably came about because when Chris was home with you, it was typically after the end of a tour which meant that he was absolutely exhausted and getting out of bed was just too difficult.

Staying in bed with Chris didn't always equate to having sex. In fact, it was probably a very equal split because sex and various other activities.

For example, when Chris would first get home the only thing he wanted to do was flop down under the blankets with you curled up in his arms and just lay there. Sometimes he fell asleep instantly depending on how tired he was, but a lot of times he would just lie there with his eyes closed, content to hold you and breathe in your scent. The only way you would know he was asleep was when his grip around your waist would loosen slightly.

Your bed was also a space where you and Chris had your most important conversations. There was something about lying next to each other in the darkness that made you both feel safe enough to bring up some potentially difficult topics. The idea of not going to bed angry at each other was a rule that both of you had made early on in your relationship. So if you had experienced an argument earlier in the day and had spent the evening avoiding the subject, bedtime was when you hashed it out.

It didn't always have to be fights. You also had conversations about important decisions and events that were coming up. It had been a conversation in bed which had revealed that both of you wanted kids in the future. Another conversation was all about what each of you were looking for in a future spouse. And it was in bed that Chris first revealed that he loved you.

Other conversations were a lot less important and sillier. Chris found out that you hated onions and you discovered exactly where Chris was ticklish. You would tell him about your day and he would fill you in on his schedule for next week. Sometimes it was just a quick kiss and an "I love you" before turning out the lights and calling it a night.

Chris had seen you at your worst in that bed. Nights where you were so overwhelmed or angry or upset about something that you ended up breaking down completely and sobbing into his chest while he held you, rocking you back and forth like an infant and whispering into your ear that everything was going to be okay. You had seen him in vulnerable states there too. When he admitted that as much as he loved what he did, he couldn't bear the thought of leaving you again. Or waking up from a nightmare and trying to pretend that he wasn't bothered by it, even though you knew otherwise.

Being in bed with him was a place where you could be raw and real and honest.

And then, of course, there was the sex.

You had to be honest, you had never known that sex could be exciting and passionate and slow and lazy and rough and angry and vulnerable and loving; over in a few minutes or lasting hours and hours. The guys that you had been with before had all been fine, but the same. Always the same position and the same feeling. With Chris, it was a different experience every single time. And that was impressive considering how many times the two of you had had sex.