Request #1

This was requested by @WriterGirlme 

Also, feel free to vent in the comments about all the dead characters from Infinty War because I'm suffering from post Infinity War depression.

******************************************************************************************

Her day began like any usual day. Y/N woke up, ate her quick breakfast and went down to the gym to train. Like most mornings, she still hadn't woken up yet and wasn't focused on her surroundings. As she drifted through the halls, she didn't think anything was odd until she swung open the doors to the gym and Steve greeted her by sweeping her up into his arms.

"Good morning, doll." He whispered against her lips before dipping down and pressing a passionate kiss to her lips. She was so surprised, Y/N didn't respond to his kiss. She usually enjoyed his kisses, even found them addicting, however, Steve wasn't known for his PDA. She was so startled her arms were still limply hanging by her side in his arms. He either didn't notice or care of her lack of response as he set her down on wobbly feet. With one final searing kiss, he skipped out the door humming softly under his breath, leaving her standing there stunned.

It took her a moment to collect her thoughts, and even during her session, she was in a daze. What was going on with Steve? They had only been dating for a short time and so far for Y/N, it was her longest relationship yet. They had never really been her forte. Sure, she had had relationships before, but they never lasted more than a few weeks, maybe at most a month.

According to her exes, they couldn't handle her wild and unpredictable lifestyle. Not only was she strongly opinionated, she was first and foremost, an Avenger. And as one, she couldn't just sit around and play the housewife role like the men she dated wanted. She was constantly training, going out on missions, and all in all, making herself a stronger person. Most of, if not all of the men she saw felt threatened by her fierce independence. Not Steve though. Never Steve.

It took him a long while to ask her out on a date. He saw the slew of past dates in a different way than Y/N saw them. He saw it as she didn't want to settle. He didn't mind it if that was the case but was afraid of becoming another number to her. He genuinely cared about her, and if he couldn't date her, then he was fine with just being friends. She was everything he secretly wished he was. She didn't hold back from saying what she wanted, a tad rash in her decisions, and knew exactly what she wanted in life. He was a bit intimidated by her, even if she was sweet every time they spoke. He figured that's why he fell for her, but her constant dating kept him from moving forward.

Yet eight months ago, she simply stopped searching for her 'perfect man'. It wasn't until Steve overheard Natasha and Y/N that he realized he misinterpreted the reason she was dating those men. He learned it wasn't because she wouldn't commit, it was because her exes couldn't. They were scared of who she was, and she refused to change for them. Something Steve never once expected of her.

It took him one more month to gather the courage with a little bit of a push from Bucky and Sam. He eventually admitted after the fact to her that he was so nervous he was shaking and to the point of vomiting when he asked her on their first date. He didn't think someone one as amazing and wonderful as Y/N would ever give him a chance. Nearly six months later, and they were both still going strong.

Their relationship worked partly because Steve and she had similar mindsets. They had a duty to fulfil and sometimes dates need to be rescheduled. There was never any hard feelings if they were needed to run off on a mission and knew that getting hurt came with the territory. Yet the one thing that stayed constant was how neither expected the other to change for the other. He wanted her the way she was, and she wanted the Steve she was falling for. While Y/N was much more open with her affection, she knew and respected that Steve was more modest. He had never been big on kissing and hugging in public, preferring to keep things behind closed doors. Which is why him all but sucking off her face in the middle of the crowded gym was surprising.