Ever Since New York #2

Sorry for the late update, I just have a lot of studies right now because I have my first public exam at the end of this year and I have a shitload of syllabus to finish for that!! Also a huge thanks to @iGirl7plus for helping me with this chapter, I couldn't have done it without her💓💓💓
P.S : Glenne is the name of Chris's manager!
Also recommend listening to Highway Don't Care by Tim McGraw while reading this
................................................................

They told him it was a freak accident. A collision with a Lorry. They also told him that it may be fatal. Of course, he didn't believe them.

He couldn't believe them.

How could he?

The only rainy day out of the three hundred and fifty sunny days in Malibu. The biggest argument in their relationship just happened to occur on that same day.

It was the alerting ring of his new iPhone that had him here just now. The funny thing is, he was actually thinking of calling her any minute.

To apologise.

And then he gets the news of his lovers' near-death experience.

When Chris answered his mobile, the news hit him like a pile of bricks. He had swerved his Range Rover into the side of the highway, breath catching in his throat.

"Sir, Ms Y/L/N has been in an accident on the freeway. This number was the emergency contact on her list. If you would..."

Chris hadn't listened to the rest as he put the car in drive and sped the rest of the way, confusion and worry clouding his mind.

As the tyres of his vehicle screeched to a halt, Chris all but leaped out of the car. It was no doubting the fact that it was Y/N.

His Y/N.

Medics were scattered all over the place, surrounding the body unconscious on the concrete below them. Chris gripped a strong hold of the door handle behind him, knuckles turning white. He was hoping that they had identified the body wrong.

But who doesn't know Y/N? The whole world knew she was his girlfriend.

His heart clawed it's way up his throat, making any words he had disappear. With every step he took, his legs neared buckling underneath him.

His blue eyes caught the sight of the mess of brown hair and closed eyes, long and dark eyelashes spread on the top of her injured cheek bones. That was when Chris world collapsed and all oxygen was taken from the air around him.

He wanted to take it all back. He wanted to rewind to the very beginning when they had met. So he could of said yes to all of those times Y/N had asked him out. Even if it was just a dare from her friend or truly from the heart. He wished they had been together longer.

He wished that this wasn't... That this wasn't real.

It. Couldn't. Be. Real.

What worried Chris even more was the fact that he could barely see Y/N's chest rising as she breathed.

"Alright, it seems that there is a direct puncture to his right lung, her left elbow looks broken..." Chris listened to the main medic trail off before a flash of panic appeared in her green eyes, "her heart rate is fluctuating and blood pressure has gone up, Let's get her in the chopper ASAP."

She was wheeled on a gurney to the blue coloured chopper that was landed near them and Chris suddenly felt a small hand on his elbow. He flinched, "Hey, Chris..."

"Glenne..." He whimpered, turning around and hugging the smaller man. "She's...she-"

"Shhh..." She hushed him, "she'll be alright, he'll be alright. She's stronger than this."

Chris and Glenne were told to meet them at the hospital. They took Chris's car and Glenne drove since Chris was in such a terrible state.

What if they lost her during the flight?

He was pulled through the hospital's main doors as Glenne gripped his hand tightly. They approached the main desk and Glenne leaned his free elbow on the surface, "Y/N." Was all she said.

She was in surgery at the moment, room 205. Chris sat in the chair beside Glenne, her hand rubbed the other man's shoulders, soothingly as the tears poured down his face finally.

When the older doctor walked up to them, Chris could tell that the news wasn't anything good.

The man cleared his throat before speaking, "luckily, we managed to save her..." He attempted a small smile. "But we don't know - we have to wait until she awakens - but... there are signs of memory loss... the worst case scenario, brain damage. I am very..."

Chris didn't hear the rest, only watched the doctor spin and retreat back down the corridor.

Memory loss.