Protective

Don't know how I feel about this one but I just wanted to update. It's kinda short, sorry!

Tumblr: avengersageofimagines

Y/N crossed her legs as she sat at the bar, she held a glass but didn't drink from it. She subtly put a finger to hear ear and spoke into her wrist, more specifically the microphone on the bracelet she was wearing.

"Do you have visual?" she asked quietly.

"I've got my eye on the target." Sam said from the other end of the room as he sat with his own drink.

"And I have my eye on you." Steve said from the pool table. "And I have to say you look very nice tonight." He said. Y/N smiled into her drink as she took a tiny sip.

"You are not the only one who thinks so; creeper at four o'clock." Pietro said. He, Bucky, Tony and T'Challa were all in a van outside but had visuals from the cameras inside the bar as well as the hidden cameras on Sam and Steve's fake glasses and Y/N's necklace. They had to stay in the van because they were the most recognizable ones out of the group. Really it was only supposed to be Bucky in the van but the others insisted on coming along as well.

"Piet, quit calling guys creepers." Y/N quickly said into her wrist before turning to see the man who approached her.

"Hi." He said with a smirk.

"Hi." She said as she flashed a polite smile.

"What else am I supposed to call them?" Pietro asked.

"Tell him to go away." Bucky said and Y/N she could hear the frown in his voice.

"I second that." Steve said. Y/N didn't have to turn around to know he was glaring daggers at the man.

"I could pop in and make him disappear." Pietro suggested.

"Tell him to hit the road." Tony said. Y/N put her hand to her mouth and cleared her throat. Sam and Steve flinched.

"Ow!" Pietro whined.

"We have headphones on, Y/N." Bucky said.

"I couldn't help but notice you sitting her all by yourself." The man said as he leaned on the bar.

"Come on, YN, punch his lights out." Tony said.

"Yes, please punch him." T'Challa said. Y/N forced a smile and pressed a button on her bracelet. The tiny speaker in her ear made a small beep noise before it was silent.

"I'm taken." Y/N said to the man.

"I don't see a ring." He pointed out.

"Yes but it's very serious." She said. The man sighed before simply walking away.

After that, the mission went off without a hitch. Y/N returned to the van, where Sam and Steve were waiting with the others, and as she got inside the first thing she got was everyone talking at once.

"Guys!" she said loudly. They all stopped. Steve came up to her and held her shoulders.

"You never turn off your comms. Got it?" he asked with a stern tone. Y/N sighed.

"Maybe you guys shouldn't bombard my ear next time." She said as she sat down, Steve sat next to her, and they put their seat-belts on.

"The guy was a creep." Pietro said as he crossed his arms with a pout.

"Every guy but Steve is a creep to you." Y/N said and Pietro nodded. "I handled it." She said.

"Maybe you should get her a ring." T'Challa suggested from the passenger's seat. Steve's face flushed.