Valentine's Day

A/n: Does anyone want some smut for the next chapter.

 Valentine's Day – Year 1

"What's all this for?"

Your first Valentine's Day with Chris happened just over one month after you had officially started dating. Everything was still so fresh and new that the two of you really hadn't thought much about the upcoming holiday. In your opinion, Chris treated you as if every day were Valentine's Day.

You came home from work that evening to find your kitchen filled with candles and roses. You smiled to yourself as you walked through the doorway and watched as Chris put the finishing touches on dinner.

"Baby, you're home!" He said, turning around at the sound of your voice.

"Why is my kitchen covered in flowers?"

"It's Valentine's Day." he explained, as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

"Well, I know that." You smiled, walking over to wrap your arms around his waist. "But that doesn't mean you have to go to all this trouble."

Chris grabbed you back and placed a gentle kiss on your nose. "I know I don't have to. But I want to. 'S'not every day I actually have an excuse to spoil my girl, is it?"

You kissed him back. "No, but you do it anyway."

What you hadn't told him was that you a Valentine's Day present of your own for him. The two of you had yet to be intimate in your relationship. You had wanted to take your time and Chris was nothing if not supportive of that. Now you were finally ready to be with him and you thought that Valentine's Day was the perfect night for that moment to occur.

After dinner, Chris took you upstairs to show you how he had decorated the bedroom. Even though you hadn't slept with him yet, he had spent plenty of nights simply just sleeping in the bed next to you. He must have seen your breath hitch when he opened the door because he was immediately in front of you with his hands on your arms.

"I didn't do this to try and force you into anything, I promise." He said. "I don't want you to do anything you're not ready to do. I thought it would be nice to just cuddle for a bit with all the candles. We don't have to -"

You cut him off by reaching forward and kissing him passionately. When you pulled back, you saw the dreamy look in his eyes. You put your lips to his ear and whispered as seductively as you could, "I want to."

When you pulled back this time, his eyes had gone from dreamy to lusty. Chris swallowed, "Are you sure?"

"I'm positive." You replied. "I want to be with you tonight, Chris. And every night after that."

Chris studied your face for a few seconds before breaking into a smile and gathering you up in his arms. He laid you gently down on the bed and hovered above you, just staring.

"What are you looking at?" You asked, almost becoming self conscious.

"You're just...so beautiful." He responded, running one hand over your cheek.

The rest of the night almost felt like a blur to you, and yet you could remember each and every single detail. Chris took his time with you, allowing to you to feel each and every movement. He was slow and sensual and constantly reminded you how beautiful you were. By the end of it, the two of you stayed connected to each other under the blankets – the candles still illuminating the room around you – with his hand running lazily over the skin of your back and your face pressed to his chest.