Chapter 2 *

The next morning I wake up well rested and refreshed. Quickly I sprint to the bathroom and do my morning routine. Then I throw on a light green T-shirt, my baby blue favorite shirt, beige Capri shorts which go down on my knees and my beige scarf.

Outside it is relatively warm, and it's the best weather to explore the forest around the village. So I get into my comfortable sneakers, grab myself a water bottle and go down to the lounge.

There I order me a good breakfast and ask a woman from the staff to what here is to sightsee or anything like that. She tells me about a stone arch with the name Zwingherrenbogen which is very close.

She warns me that the rise can be quite difficult, but I'm pretty sure I can do it with my stamina and strength. Cause Capoeira is no sugar lick.

After my big breakfast (2 rolls, scrambled eggs, and bacon) I'm on my way. The lovely lady from the staff was so friendly and gave me, while I had breakfast, a hiking map where the monument is marked. Ready for a little adventure I head into the woods.

After an hour climb and several detours later I did it. A broad grin tugs on my face, and I pump up my fist with a "YEAH!" in the air. I drink half of my water bottle in one go and walk slowly towards the stone bow.

Interested I'm approaching it as the morning sun shines directly through the hole. It is so bright that I'm momentarily blind and I have to hold my hand in front of his eyes.

As my eyes have adapted to the light conditions, I look full of wonder at the rocks. Where there was only gray stone before, there are suddenly yellow shining runes on it.

They range from the bottom of the left side to the lower part on the right. In the middle of the right arc is a tree with large roots. I find it so fascinating that I move on to it so I can touch it, as my foot finds no ground to step on and roll the hillside behind the arc down. I roll through foliage, branches, and stones until I suddenly feel a sharp pain in my head and my surroundings are blurring in darkness.

I must have been unconscious for several hours because the sun has moved a good deal further. Gently I sit up and hold my aching skull "Ouch! Man, this is going to be one good bump ..."

Slowly I get up and look around. The arc should be on top of the slope, but there is nowhere a hill to see. Shrugging I walk a few steps in every direction, as I may have rolled a bit further as I initially thought.

As I still have not discovered the slope after a few minutes of searching, I just walk in one direction in hope to find a lane or even the village itself

As I still have not discovered the slope after a few minutes of searching, I just walk in one direction in hope to find a lane or even the village itself. After 10 minutes I hear muffled Plonk, plonk, plonk sounds.

Hoping to finally meet another soul I follow them until I find a glade with several wooden poles stuck in the ground. I stand next to one of them as something is flying past me. With a muffled Plonk a strange looking knife is stuck in the wood.