Chapter 23

Hey guys! new chappy for ya and we get close to chunin exams! YAY! are you as excited as me?! i sure hope so. a shoutout at *drumroll*  ExiaDark ! thanks so much for the votes and your comments. and at you others... please feel free to vote, comment and critique like always ! 

hugs and kisses Angi ^^

After I'm done with the cooking, Sasuke and I are sitting at my dining table opposite each other and we dig in. "Uhm ... Can I ask you something?" He says after some time hesitating. But he is usually not hesitant, so the issue is probably something he is uncomfortable with. 

I put my fork aside and give him my full attention. "Sure. Go ahead." He shuffels his spagetti with his fork around and does not look me in the eye. "You said you're mentally like a boy. So who do you think is more attractive, girls or boys ?" 

His cheeks are slightly red. I think about about his question shortly. "Actually ..." He sits up straight and stares as if he's hypnotized at his plate. "... Neither. I just have no interest in a relationship. And I think people who are generally attractive are attractive. Like for example." 

He gets even more red. "Hinata's pretty. Especially her eyes are fascinating!" He hangs his shoulders. "So you're bi?" I shrug. "I think I'm more of an asexual. But we are only 12." He nods and continues eating.

>>> Timeskip a few senseless missions later <<<

We just returned from several D missions where Naruto did more than once more harm than good. "Our teamwork seems to have suffered much for some time." Notes Kakashi. I nod in agreement as Naruto tries to push the blame on Sasuke.

Sasuke however, begins to provoke him. I roll with the eyes and shout: "Stop it you two! You are both to blame." A bird begins to circle above Kakashi-sensei and he says goodbye for today. "I'm also going back home."

So Sasuke turns around while Sakura runs after him and begs to train with him. He turns with a disgusted facial expression to her and says: "If you have time to flirt, you should better train. You are worse than Naruto."

"Woah! Man that's true but ..." I stop in mid-sentence when he throws me a look. I frown and run after him. "Wait! I'll come with you!" I turn briefly to the other two and am waving goodbye. "Sorry Sakura-san. He is in a poor mood at the moment."

She nods dejected and waddles back to Naruto who now tries to cheer her up. Sasuke is already a good distance away before I overtake him. I turn him around at his shoulder with some violence.

"What was that? I know she annoys you, but she is still on our team!" Something flashes in his eyes dangerously. "I have told nothing but the truth." Sighing, I nod. "That may be so but still, you did not have to say it in that mean manner. What's wrong? You're more grumpy than usual lately."

He now sighs. "Since the matter with Haku, I realized how weak I still am. It pisses me off that we only get such baby missions, if I want to get stronger i need a challenge." I pat him encouragingly on the shoulder and take him in my arms.

"I know it's frustrating. I am the same. But we have to be patient. Soon, our time will come! I can feel it already!" He nods at my shoulder and I let him go. "Now come. We go back to Sakura-san and apologize."

He is muttering something under his breath as I pull him on his arm the way back. Searching for a few seconds, we have finally found them, but in an awkward situation. We climb a tree in order to take a closer look at the matter.