Chapter 6 *

Hello dear readers ^^! I just wanted to thank you for reading my first fan-fiction. Please feel free to vote, comment and critique. It will be very much valued. Thanks again and please enjoy XD

Angi

>>> Time Skip two weeks later <<<

After 2 weeks of daily training with Lee and meeting with Sasuke I slowly got used to the life in Konoha. The last meeting with the Hokage goes through my head again and after I had a talk with Kakashi about it, I am now on my way to him. 

I have come to a decision. Hopefully it's the right one. After the endless stairs I stand before the familiar door again. I politely knock and wait until his "Come in!" sounds. 

I bow to him until he speaks to me. He is not alone in his office right now. There is young man with brown hair bound in a spiky ponytail. He has a cool scar across the nose and dark brown eyes. 

"Hello, Nao-kun. I suppose you're here to tell me your decision?" I straighten up again and nod. "I have thought about it really long and well, moreover I consulted with Kakashi-san and Rock Lee-kun told me his opinion on the matter as well ..." 

"Wait a minute! Kakashi-san? What do you have to do with Kakashi? " interrupts me the stranger. Annoyed I frown because he interrupted me so rudely. "Who wants to know that?" I ask coldly. 

Startled by my repellent attitude against him he steps back. "My name is Iruka Umino. I am a sensei at the academy." "He's trustworthy, calm down Nao-kun. I trust him so you can talk openly." interferes the Hokage. 

Sighing, I continue: "Nice to meet you Iruka-sensei, but I think that you don't deserve my trust yet because you have to earn it first as it is not something given. But I still have other plans today, so I'll just keep talking. If you're interested in what have I have to do with Kakashi-san... then please consult the Hokage later. Now, where was I ...? Oh yes. As I said, the two reinforced my decision. I accept your offer, and I want to become a ninja of Konoha, Hokage-sama. " 

Grinning he nods approvingly at this. "But!" Curious, he looks at me: "But I want my own apartment, if that is possible. I like Kakashi-san and all, but I don't want to continue to be a burden.  Besides, I've lived practically alone since the time I was small, therefore it would be no problem for me. " 

"We can arrange that. I have a free apartment that is located here." He shows the building on a street map. "Thank you. Now my next question. Do you a job for me? I need one to pay for the rent and other costs." 

Astonished both men look at me. "What? Did I say something wrong?"  "Generally not, but you're only 10 years old and on the other hand you'll have training as a ninja to do. In the time being I'll pay for your rent and living expenses and later you can pay me the money back, once you're done with school and get your mission compensation. "

The Hokage shook his head in amusement.  Now I am the one making big eyes. "For real?" Suspiciously I narrow my eyes. "That was certainly a joke or is there a catch?" Hurt, he looks at me with sad old eyes.

"How can you say that?! Of course, I'm serious and there is no catch. We are looking after our people here. Look I know it was different there where you're from, but I can assure you that this is just as I say it. "

Tired he supports the head on his hand. Shamed I look at my feet. "I'm sorry, I didn't want to hurt you. Since I've been here, I got nothing but kindness from you and the people out there, but it's hard to break old habits. That's the only excuse I can tell."

Iruka-sensei looks at me pityingly, as if he knew something about it. "It's fine, Nao-kun. I tell Kakashi that you will live alone from now on and I'll do the paperwork for the academy. You can start there tomorrow. I wish you a beautiful day."