Chapter 16

After I sprinted through the undergrowth for  some time now, I need to take a break because my wounds ache and the hunger and thirst make themselfes known. I look up at the sky and I guess I'm on the road for about an hour.

This means the village will get in sight in more or less half an hour. I let myself fall to the ground exhausted and try to normalize my breathing. I pick the lock of my chains with one of the knives and rub my sore wrist.

After another ten minutes, I brace myself back on my aching legs and jog in the direction of northeast. After another hour, I finally see a few houses in the distance and breathe out relieved. Not long now and I am united with my friends again.

I take off the transformation because I would probably not get any information of Tazuna with this looks. But with the blood splashes all over me, my torn clothes and especially with my back, I'll have little to no success too.

After briefly considering I decide to turn myself into Iruka-sensei. He looks likable and innocent. He is a Konoha ninja, and it would make sense if he was looking for other Konoha shinobi. I ignore my pain and walk into the village upright.

There I walk into a grocery store and go up to the cashier. "Good day." I say friendly and nod to him. The old man reciprocated it with a toothless grin. "Do you perhaps have seen a few Konoha ninja? Or do you happen to know where Tazuna the bridge builders lives? I have to deliver a message to them."

The old man nods and tells me the way. Once I'm out of sight of the village I lift the jutsu again because my chakra is nearly exhausted. Tired, exhausted and in great pain, I see 20 minutes later a little waterfront home.

From the distance I can already hear Naruto's voice and can not resist a relieved grin. With newfound strength I run up to the front door and knock. A young woman in her late twenties opens. Her dark eyes widen and she claps her hands over her mouth.

Softly she whispers: "You must be the missing boy who Naruto always talks about." I smile and nod wearily. "Can I come in? I would like to get some rest ..." Still shocked she steps back from the door and I feel that the others are probably in the living / dining room.

As we entered all fall silent and look at me

As we entered all fall silent and look at me. I raise a hand in greeting. "Hey! Sorry I got lost." After I'm finally back by my families side my relief, exhaustion and pain are making me very dizzy and I start to stumble. I hold on my head, but before I hit on the ground I have already lost consciousness.

Sasuke POV

Throughout today Naruto and I try to talk with Kakashi-sensei about searching for Nao, but he will not budge. It has become clear that this mysterious Hunter-Nin is no real Hunter-Nin, but was a special comrade of Zabuza and he is probably still alive.

Kakashi thinks that it is too dangerous for us to go out alone in this situation and look for someone who is probably already dead. Two days have passed now and with every hour it will reduce the possibility that he's still alive.