Chapter 2 (Edited)

The sun glared down at the black car, it watched as the driver weaved her way through the rush hour in the heart of the city. The car was oblivious to the threat and was in no mood to stop for anyone. Except for themselves.

When the glass museum came into view, the dark car was officially stopping. The brakes screeched as they slowly came to a stop between the two brightly painted yellow lines.

Damaria Allegra stepped out of her black SUV. Her dark sunglasses placed on top of her head and locked the car as she made her way to the back of the museum. The clacking of her ruby heels echoed in the empty parking lot, early in the morning. The sun glared off the glass structure, which was due to open in less then an hour and she still had much work to do. She tucked her dark hair behind her ear as she reached to grab her keys from her purse.

Fishing the keys out of her purse she inserted them into the lock of the black metal door before twisting them and stepping inside. The warm air was the same temperature compared to the outside. Damaria walked further into the museum and turn the air conditioning up. The blast of coldness calmed her down. The soft, cool breeze rustling through her hair likes wind through trees. Damaria breath in and proceeded to release a sigh of content.

The tourists and other city folk would be arriving soon. She knew she had to work fast if she wanted the doors to open at exactly eight o'clock. The security guard from last night was still sitting in his office. So her destination was decided.

She made her way to the back of the museum where many hallways led to different rooms. She was headed down the first one that led her straight towards the security office.

Reaching the freshly painted white door and polished silver doorknob she knocked rapidly on the door in intervals of three at least four times. A silence settled and Damaria's patience was wearing thin. She was not about to let someone slack off.

Without knocking again she unlocked the door and stepped inside. What lay in front of her was becoming a regular occurrence. Taking a deep breath she walked closer to the security guard who was happily snoring away in a small sleeping bag. Her anger only grew when she saw the floor littered with wrappers the colour of rainbows and cups of coffee stack at least a meter high. Someone did more than guarding last night.

She walked around the room to take in it's horrifying stated. When she realized that Dan, the janitor had not had a chance to clean this place she thought of changing the doorknob of the office. Or giving Dan a pair of keys.

Finally finished her round her thought shifted to the Stefan the white haired security guard sleeping on the ground. She grabbed what was left of one of the water bottles and slowly twisted the cap clockwise. It made not a single sound. And Damaria smiled pleased with herself when her wrist accidentally slipped the water onto the sleeping security guard.

In a matter of milliseconds Stefan was up and staring wide eyes at Damaria as with a face as wet as umbrella after being used in a storm. She was not one to leave matters at hand in the past and waited for Stefan to own up to his mistakes.

Tapping her foot she arched a perfectly shaped dark eyebrow. "I am waiting for whatever pathetic excuse you come up with this time." She spoke.

"Damaria, dearie I don't know what you're talking about." Stefan stretched and slowly stood up off the ground, as a cracking of bones echoed through the room dimming the sound of the humming screens capturing the entire museum.

"Stefan I hope you understand, I have the authority to fire you." Damaria walked to the desk near the screens and threw the empty water bottle into the small blue bin.

A few moments of silence passed and then Stefan spoke up. "And dearie, I hope you know I have the power to destroy you."

***