Chapter 6 (Edited)

Libby. 

 Ryder's alarm rang loud. The irritating sound echoed throughout the room.  He reached over and punched the snooze button. The silence returned but only for a moment. He was hoping he could sleep in a few more minutes, it never took him long to get ready. He shut his eyes for a few more minutes. But when his alarm rang again, a thought occurred and he jumped out of bed. He looked at the clock to see he was going to be late. He got dressed and rushed to the kitchen.

Damaria stood in the kitchen reading the files over, a coffee cup in hand. she had curled her short hair and she wore a blazer and pencil skirt. Her black heels were comfortably fit on her feet. She acknowledged Ryder as he entered the kitchen but made no other sound.

      "Aunt Damaria, we were supposed to leave early."

      "It is all right, we will pick your belonging up before I drop you at school."

      "But we're already late. It's seven twenty."

       "The clock in your I believe is an hour ahead. My apologies I will fix that." Ryder sighed.

      "So we're not late."

      "Would you like me to spell it out for you?" She questioned, raising a dark eyebrow.

       "What's for breakfast?"

       "I am afraid I have forgotten to go grocery shopping, so I was thinking about getting you something from outside. I will hire a cook today or tomorrow." Damaria flipped through the pages of the file.

      "Fine, then I'm making some coffee."

      Damaria nodded.

Ryder was not upset with his aunt's lack of breakfast in the house or that she wasn't cooking for him. He had heard stories from his parents that his aunt couldn't cook even if she tried. Though she had once tried, everyone had quickly come to the conclusion it was better if they just orders out when visiting Damaria.

Damaria on the other hand didn't mind their excuses for her lack of skill. She liked to have everything perfect and sometimes things needed to be taken out to make other things perfect. Besides they never bad mouthed her food. She was always nicely told about her lack of skill.

She flipped the page of the file. As soon as she had seen Arturo's file she was mesmerized. She I had this weird feeling as though she had seen him somewhere. Her instincts told her this was an unsure place and therefore required much thought. But Damaria never followed her instincts she followed her mind.

Her logical thinking screamed he was the perfect candidate. He had the best resume and his cover letter had thought put into it. She hadn't come to realize that he had been slightly obsessing over the file, until Ryder had so subtly pointed out.

"You've been looking at that file since yesterday."

Damaria tried to hide the file from his prying eyes, "It is for work."

"Of course." He rolled his eyes and snorted a laugh.

---

The car ride was again silent and this time it was Ryder who wanted- no needed the silence. He was thinking of a way to avoid his mother's worrying over him. And avoid one last lecture of listening to his aunt from his father. He just wanted everyone to accept the fact that he was trying. And that he wasn't a child anymore.

They reached the Robinson's home and Lance stood outside. He was dressed in a formal business suit. The tie was the colour of the sky and his shoes were dark and soulless. Damaria tried not to sigh as she realized he was in his business mode and wouldn't hear a word she would say.