Chapter 13 (Edited)

Damaria woke to the alarm clock in her bedroom ringing; a loud blaring sound. She rubbed her eyes and turned to see it was nearly 7:00. She hurried to get ready before asking Maria to make something for breakfast. The home cook she had hired had made a wonderful dinner last night and Libby and Ryder had finally eaten something good.

The only thought that had helped Damaria fall asleep.

As she entered the kitchen she heard shouts. She put a hand to her temple and took a deep breath. This was not how she expected her morning to start. She still wasn't used to the extra people in the house. And definitely not used to the noise she was hearing this early.

     "Your alarm was ringing for a good hour. What were doing asleep the whole time?!"
Ryder yelled.

     "Well excuse me for trying to wake up early for school and I apologize for not waking up instantly, your highness!"
Libby retorted.

     "Then you spent an hour in the bathroom!"

     "Why does it matter? We have separate bathrooms anyways!" Libby glared at him.

"Yeah, but all morning all I hear is your singing and the shower on for a good half hour!"  Ryder exclaimed.

"You're such a baby." Libby rolled her eyes and turned away from him.

Maria placed a plate of pancakes and a cup of orange juice in front of Libby and a cup of coffee in front of Ryder.

Damaria walked in just as Ryder was about to speak. "Ryder you will have more than a cup of coffee for breakfast." She wasn't going to fix their problem but divert it for a moment of silence.

Ryder and Libby turned to Damaria walking into the kitchen. "I'm not hungry." He argued.

"I do not really care, Ryder. Now that food is being served you will have a proper breakfast." Her voice left no room for arguments.

Ryder sighed. "Fine."

A tense silence settled in the room. And Damaria made use of it. By speaking with Maria. "You can leave right after we have lunch today. We have dinner at my Lance's house tonight. So we are good for the night."

"Would you like me to go grocery shopping before lunch?" Maria asked as she stacked the dried dishes from last night's diner.

"Yes preferably before lunch." Damaria nodded.

Maria smiled. "Of course."

"Wait, we're going to dad's house?" Ryder turned to Damaria.

"Yes Ryder, you and Libby will come after school to the museum. You are aware you two are working today?" Damaria raised a perfectly dark eyebrow.

Libby and Ryder nodded.

"Good. And then we'll head home around five to wash up before going to your father's house." She grabbed her cup of coffee and biscuit off the counter.

"Why am I coming?" Libby asked.

"You don't want to come?" Ryder asked with disgust. He looked her up and down and frowned.

"You are coming because Lance has asked you to come." Damaria looked to Libby.

---

Entering the Museum, Damaria sipped on her coffee as she made her way to her office. She saw Paige already there and waiting with more papers to read and sign. Damaria entered the cool office contrasting the outside temperature. Paige followed behind, speaking a mile minute to explain the situation. Like every other morning Damaria listened until she was finally fully informed.