Chapter 16 (Edited)

Damaria opened the officer door to find another letter placed on her desk. She sighed and locked the letter in her drawer, she'd read it later. Libby followed behind waiting to help with whatever there was.

     "Well we are opening a new display in about a week. And I would like you to help with the organisation. If that is not a problem."

     "No problem." Libby nodded.

     "Good. I also would like you to look for Ms. Collins she will help you find a clip board with all the required shipment we are receiving. And she will also be helping you."

     "When can I start?"

     "Just as soon as I speak with the owner of the delivery company. And then I need to check on the hotel and speak with the manger."

     "Do you mind if I look for Ms.Collins then?"

     "No. I think that is a good idea." Libby exited the office and was pleased to find Paige at the front desk speaking with another lady.

     She made her way over, her chirpy attitude coming back and her smiling replacing the frown. She waited patiently, until Paige finished speaking with the other lady. When she was done, she turned around and smiled at the sixteen year old.

     "Hello. Miss.Allegra mentioned a new employee. My name is Paige Collins, but you can call me Paige." Paige shook hands with Libby.

      "Yep that's me, the new employee. My name's Libby."

     "Well it's very nice to meet you Libby. Now Miss.Allegra mentioned a delivery for a display opening soon. I believe they were supposed to arrive early in the morning." Paige said, flipping through the pages on her clip board.

"Yeah she's speaking with the delivery company on the phone at the moment." Libby informed.

"Then let's start planing the setting of room and looking at what we are about to receive."

Paige and Libby made their way to the third floor, where the last few rooms were still empty. Paige new that this part of the museum was slightly dangerous to be in alone because of the lack of people around. The third floor was commonly quiet and dark.

Libby shivered as a light breeze passed. She didn't want to think about what lay in the dark because whatever it was, she was ready to face it head on. Libby grew up not fearing anything. She believed her independence and courage could save her, then again she had a mother who cared more about money and her status than her own flesh and blood.

     Paige opened the door to the large empty room, where the display was supposed to be set up. Libby knew a lot of cleaning had to be done before they planned anything. The room was dusty and random pieces of shelving and tables were splayed around. Libby turned to Paige, just as she turned on the lights.

     "I wasn't expecting much, but this is pretty bad." She sighed.

     Libby shrugged. "I guess we should clean it right?"

     "No we'll ask some of the janitors to clean it while we go see if Ms.Allegra had found out anything about the delivery truck." Paige turned around and they headed downstairs, the elevator was quiet while Paige was flipping through her notes. "Libby, would you mind asking Ms.Allegra while I spoke with some people to get the room cleaned."

     "No problem." Libby took held on to her clip board and headed over to Damaria's office. The door was ajar and she could hear Damaria speaking on the phone inside.

     Libby knocked an waited until Damaria let her in. Silence consumed the room until the sound of clicking heels approaching the door broke it. Damaria stood in front of Libby and smiled, slightly.