Chapter 27 (Edited)

Arturo stepped inside the air conditioned museum. The blast of cool air breathing upon his face calmed him down. It wasn't like him to be so stressed, but work was getting to him. In more ways than one.

     The museum was busy, like it had been nowadays but Arturo learned to ignore the amount of people. He knew he had a job to do even though it required him to constantly interact with people. He would get through it.

      Looking around, he was surprised by the amount of people working here, he expected more. The museum was huge and clearly Damaria didn't expect her small staff to be able to run it by themselves. He pushed the thought aside as the person in question appeared. For a second he forgot that they weren't in school anymore and that she wasn't going to wave and smile at him. He straightened his posture and walked over to greet her.

      "Hello Miss. Allegra how are you today?" Arturo realized that formalities was one thing that Damaria never let go.

     "Very well. Thank you." Damaria swiftly turned to speak with someone else. Arturo watched as she spoke with her nephew. "Ryder, for today I would like for you to take Libby's shifts please. She is not coming into work today. Is that okay?" Damaria was different, she spoke and acted in a formal yet somewhat comforting way. At least that was the thought going through Arturo's mind as he watched her.

      Ryder shrugged. "Sure thing Damaria."

     "Thank you." Damaria turned to leave when Ryder stopped her again.

     "I want to know what happened to her." He sounded anxious but angry at the same time.

     "I do not even know." Arturo watched Damaria walk away and quietly followed behind her. He had to act as though where she was going he had to go as well. Lingering around the place he made it to the general area of where she was going to be.

      Another man appeared. He seemed to be very persistent. His dark hair and eyes were either presenting danger or innocence.

     Damaria stopped and Arturo hid behind a display to hear what was being said.

     "I've already told you, you're in trouble."

     Damaria sighed. "Dexter please, I do not have time for such nonsense. Now if you will excuse me I have work to be done."

     Dexter reached forward and latched onto Damaria's wrist. "I'm warning you Damaria. Something bad is going to happen. And when it does you're going to regret everything."

     "Very well. I will call security if this does not stop."

     Dexter let go of her wrist and walked backwards and out of the building. Arturo now knew who the spy was. And he now understood what he was going to do about it. But before he was going to question Damaria on her staff.

      He watched Damaria walk into her office and knew this was the perfect time. Following behind her, he knocked on the door and waited before being allowed inside.

     "How can I help you?"

     Arturo took a seat and watched, Damaria looked up at him. "I was wondering who Mr. Blaze is?" He leaned forwards in the chair.

     "And why would he be any of your concern?" She quirked a perfectly dark eyebrow.

      "Why shouldn't he be? Is he not a staff member here?"

Damaria hesitated before answering. "Mr. Jonathan should you not be getting back to work?" She questioned.

Arturo leaned forward and grinned. "You can't keep your secret forever Damaria."