Six

After the get together, Luke and I strolled back up the hill slowly without conversation, my heels in hand, when suddenly he pulled me at the wrist from the paved courtyard and ran through the woods between the tall trees until we entered a clearing near a cliff filled with Wildflower's.

Catching a breath, he then looked at me with excitement written all over his face.

"Time to meet my wolf, baby. He's really, really excited to meet you and your - as I can imagine - breathtaking wolf."

"Oh, is he now?" I smirked playfully.

"Oh, yes!" And before I knew it, Luke shifted.

Wow! He's as gorgeous a wolf as he is human.

His fur as white as freshly fallen snow, his green eyes, soul piercing. He was big and muscular, his muscles rippling under his skin. His paws big enough to cover my face completely. He was massive compared to all the other wolves I've seen, even for an Alpha he was huge!

He's perfect!

He growled softly and nudged my arm as he brushed against me then looked at me with his green eyes, whispering through our mind link "I love you"

And with that, my wolf took over, and I fell on all fours to the ground, shifted. The last rays of sunlight dancing across my black fur, the breeze flowing through my fur, and I found Luke staring at me.

"What?"

"You are breathtaking!"

"And you... Are creepy!"

He chuckled at me, and I turned my back to him, wagging my tail in his face.

Then I was being chased through the open field by Luke.

Hiding in the tall grass near the trees I could hear him close by and a twig snapped in front of me, I pounced at the sound and was being pinned to the ground whilst Luke was licking my face.

"Oh, please stop!" I yelled through the mind link.

"Not until you give up and admit I'm adorable, princess."

"Never!"

And he licked me again, slobbering all over the place...

"Stooop! Please! White flag!"

"Say it"

"You're adorable and I love you!"

"Good girl", then he shifted.

He was lying on top of me in his human form, nuzzling my fur. He looked at me, green eyes to blue, then kissed my furry face softly.

"Now where's my Lexi? I have something planned for the two of us tonight." he said as he stood up and winked at me.

I shifted back to my human form and again I was being carried...

As we arrived at the house, I smelt something familiar...

Liam!

Luke put me down, and I ran to the house in inhuman speed.

Liam was standing at the front door. Turning around, he sneaked a smile at me then covered his face with his hands.

"Lexi, why are you naked?"

"Had a run" I shrugged.

"And gave me mental scars! I did not want to see that! Ew! You were all boobs and skin and legs and... Lemme just stop before I hurl."

"It's not like you have seen nothing like it before you douche!"

"Yeah, but you're my best friend, that's just weird!"

"Shut up! Just come inside..." I said as I opened the door and let him in as Luke followed shortly after.

After putting some clothes on, I went downstairs only to find my two boys playing Xbox... Boys and their toys!

I cleared my throat, and they both snapped their heads back, Luke smirking at me and Liam just chuckling.

"I can't wait to strip that shirt and those tight shorts off of you." Luke said sternly, his eyes black.

I just stared at him, a blush slowly creeping onto my face.

"Oh, would you just tell me to leave so you could get a room please, you guys are weirding me out!"

"Shut up Liam" I sighed playfully.

"What? Don't make me to be the creep! But I get it, new mates and all. And trust me, I know what its like... Still can't keep my hands off my baby because hell, she got one fine bod and that ass... Lemme stop before I get all excited here"

"First, ew! I did not want to know that and second, you have a little drool dripping from your lip right there." I said, motioning with my index finger towards the left side of my lip.

"Yeah, whatever! Anyway, I miss you 'Best Friend', it's so weird without having your annoying I'll ass around!"

"Miss you too, jerk!" I said, nudging Liam's arm and winking at him.

After a few hours of embarrassing reminiscing and board games, Liam got seemingly uncomfortable, so I decided to mind link Luke into going to the kitchen to pour us some wine.

"Hey Liam, what's up?"

"Nothing!"

"Don't lie!"

"Okay fine, I'll tell you... We've been noticing some rogues near the boarder while on patrol each night since you met Luke and people around the pack have disappeared. It's like they disappeared into thin air. We can't track their scent and can't mind link with them at all."

I stared at Liam, horrified. Luke sensed my unease and was by my side in a flash.

They must be wearing collars.

Special collars existed which some Shifters wore when they felt the need for some privacy.

"What can we do?" Luke whispered.

"Lexi's father sent me to speak with you both and maybe agree to an alliance since the rogues run by both our borders."

Then Liam's eyes were on me, looking at me pointedly before he spoke again, his eyes still on mine...

What is he not telling me?

"We really need to work together to keep our Luna's safe."

"You have your alliance! I will do anything to keep my Lexi safe!"

Liam nodded, stood and turned to leave. I ran and hugged him tightly.

"Lexi-, he whispered, "There's never been an Alpha female before. Ever.", his eyes were full of worry."

"And what's that got to do with any of this? Times have changed, Liam"

"I have this feeling in my gut that that's what these people... Wolves. What these wolves are after. And I won't let them hurt my best fucking friend. I will rip them limb from limb even if it kills me." he whispered softer but with aggression, the promise lacing his tone.

"Liam, you're scaring me... What are you talking about?", I whispered back viciously.

"I'm talking about-" someone cut us off by someone clearing their throat and by the tingles that danced across my back I knew it was Luke.

Liam beamed a smile at me before hugging me tighter, and I whispered a solemn goodbye to him before he left.

Trouble's coming and it's coming fast... What was he not telling me?

Irritated, I stomped past Luke, off to our bedroom and slumped onto the bed. Sighing loudly; I began overthinking...

We have to keep Luke safe - even if it kills us, was all my wolf and I could think about.