Penelope's POV #BonusChapter

Penelope's ​Point Of View

I was on the run for almost 7 months across borders and states, learning better English and pocketing cash every chance I got.

And then an Alpha caught me out.

And we all currently watched him as he got dragged across the courtyard from Vulcan's hospital to the dungeons by 24 of the packs best warriors.

He had lost his mind.

Heaven alone knew why.

And then we heard it.

"Luke! Calm down! If you stress her too much with this outbreak you're having, she could lose them!" Vulcan yelled as he stomped after him.

"Two, Vulcan? We're having two? Heaven alone knows I fucking planned for only one at a time! Why two?! Two could kill her!" he snarled, his head starting to become furry as he got dragged along.

"Calm down!" Vulcan yelled.

Lexi suddenly came out of the hospital, fear flooding her features as Vesta held her hand and led her to the pack house.

She trembled slightly with every movement, shock dancing across her as she rubbed her upper left arm while nervously looking toward where Luke disappeared off to.

"Let's get you some tea. Camomile should do it." she smiled sweetly at our Alpha female.

"Will he be okay?" Lexi questioned as she passed by the pack, her hand on her abdomen protectively.

"My cousin will be fine!" Lewis exclaimed, play punching her in the shoulder only to have her growl lowly at him.

"I'm so sorry!" she covered her mouth with her hand in an instant.

"Hormonal woman... Remind me not to touch you for like uhh ever." he chuckled nervously.

"I didn't mean to growl it's just-"

"It's motherhood my dear Alpha." Vesta smiled sweetly once more, leading us all to the kitchen.

Moments later our Alpha female was seated at the giant dining room table, a cup in the hand as Vesta explained everything to us.

Kristina sat close to her, rubbing calming circles along her back as she watched her closely.

The implications of Lexi's pregnancy and why it was so much more dangerous due to the fact that she was baring two.

I didn't know what to do, say or feel.

All I knew was I felt guilty and sorry for not protecting her enough the day she got taken.

And now... Now my friend was in pain and I was left with no means of helping her again.

"What can we do to help?" Kristina rose from the table, eyeing Vesta nervously as she flashed our Alpha female​ a smile.

The sudden friendship that had grown between them had me jealous of where Kristina would rank before the pregnancy would pass. Even as the mate of our Alpha's third in command I still had jealousy pouring from me.

I will never be second best again.

I will never be the bottom of the food chain fighting for scraps like the days my brother breathed.

I will win.

"Don't be stupid. You're the best in someone else's eyes." my wolf reminded me.

But he's not an Alpha now is he?

"You'll lose your head if you carry on like this. And that's a price I will not pay for you." she snarled.

We shall see.

I was not willing to suffer again.

And if betraying pretentious family meant bringing me glory.

Then so be it.