Raphael's POV #BonusChapter

Raphael's Point Of View

I've been visited by the Fate called Lachesis a couple months before Alexandria arrived.

She told of great battles that would challenge not only our Alpha but the survival of our species as well... It would determine our fate and as I laid on the floor, regaining my consciousness; I knew that one of those challenging battles were upon us.

I slowly lifted myself off of the cold gray tiles of Vulcan's hospital office, eager to find whomever did the damage that had our packs voices flowing through my mind in confusion, panic and distress.

Placing a hand on my fuzzy and clouded head; I stumbled out of the little hospital and made my way up the hill towards our Alpha's as they were of more importance.

A pack cannot survive without its leaders.

Once able to fight the dizzy feeling I had, I jogged over in haste only to see that my Alpha and best friend had lost his mind.

Broken glass covered the porch floor as a sofa found itself lodged in a tree in front of the Alpha House.

I nervously inched closer as a syringe lay on the porch amongst the shards of glass.

I walked inside the house and heard grunts as well as near incoherent curses flying from his mouth in hisses.

"FUCK!" he roared.

"Luke?" I questioned hesitantly.

"MOTHERFUCKER! MY LEXI! SHE'S MINE!" he growled as a vase came crashing to the floor after he swiped his hand over the dining room table.

"Luke!" I roared.

"What?" he snapped.

"What are you doing?" I questioned while waving my hand in the air as I gave him the what-the-fuck look.

"They took her." he breathed.

No.

It can't be.

"Oh, but it can." Lachesis' voice echoed through my mind.

This is not the way it's supposed to be.

"Oh, but it is." her cackle fading until it disappeared completely.

I looked back at my friend as his eyes stared back at me in desperation "I just found her and now she's gone." his voice all but a whisper.

"We'll find her." I tried to reassure.

"Will you?" he paused "Or will I have to mourn her like I had to mourn my parents?" the skin around his eyes were red as the tears began to creep down his cheeks.

"I promise, I'll find her." I breathed as I reached for him only to have him jerk away.

"Please. Don't." he sighed.

My heart ached for him.

Because I knew what being without ones mate felt like.

It was a soul consuming, heart wrenching feeling that nibbled at me slowly yet painfully.

It was like the sound of gunshots filling the air of the Alpha home when Luke's beast came bursting from his skin.

Its roar filled the room and bounced off the walls to the point where a photo of his parents came crashing from the wall to the floor.

It took all but 15 seconds for the room to be filled with Brian, Stephan, Brody, Kristina and Jamie; each attempting to restrain him with silver chains and trying to calm him with words of support but failing as he attempted to claw his friends to pieces.

When Luke lost his sanity, the aftermath thereof was always grave and almost fatal.

But then Vulcan would come to the rescue with his wolfsbane injections and Luke would be out of it long enough for us to get him to the dungeons before he lost it again.

His rampages were once something that scared me to the core of my being but as time passed, I came to the realization that it was part of my best friend and that nothing we did could ever change that.

As I watched his head rolling back and forth upon his shoulders and listened to him mumbling Lexi's name, I silently prayed that The Goddess would spare him more agony and just return his mate to him.

He deserved to be happy. With her.

"Why would she do this?" Stephan's voice coming from next to me.

"Who?" I questioned, folding my arms across my chest

"The Goddess." he sighed as he copied the action.

"Maybe this was meant to happen." whatever more I knew about The Prophecy, could not be shared.

"Bullshit. This is all fucked up!" he spat as he smacked at a bar of Luke's cell before the metal rattled and ringing slightly.

"You know what has been foretold." I whispered.

"But the Prophecy never mentioned taking her away from her soulmate." he whispered back vigorously.

"Standing and spitting things at each other won't bring her back. So if I were the two of you and really wanted to help... I'd get my ass out there and make an effort." Brian's voice somewhat bitter as it traveled from the door.

"How long have you been standing there?" I questioned, not sparing him a glance as I kept staring at Luke's almost unconscious form.

"Long enough to know that you two ballsacks are prolonging the agony. Now... Let's be good friends and pack mates and go find her!" he growled as his shoes skid upon the floor, sounding his leave.

But I stayed put.

Staring.

My mind wandering to the possibilities of where Lexi might be.

Goddess be with this woman.

Be with our salvation.

"He's right, you know." Stephan eventually spoke.

"I know." was my only reply as I turned to leave, my eyes only leaving Luke when I went through the doorway.

I hope you know what you're doing.

And I hope you know what fate you've brought us.

Because if she dies.

Not even your rank and title will be able to save you from the hell that will break loose when that happens.

"We know what we're doing." Lachesis replied.

We?

"Yes, we." an intimidating male voice replied.