Twenty One

Duran's Point Of View

They came through a clearing, closely watching us creatures as we were divided into three sections while I, David and Violet stood tall and proud before our own race.

"You're late." Martin spat from the crowd behind me causing me to turn around and watch him while he was looking our hosts up and down in disgust.

"Sorry. Last minute preparations. Not that it matters, you need us. Not us you." Their Alpha spoke, his powerful aura flowing from him in streams of dominance.

"Now now, Martin. That's no way to treat our hosts." I low key scolded him before looking back at Master Jamison "My apologies, Martin's mother seems to have dropped him on his head as a baby. Which might explain why he forgets his manners on a permanent basis." I said in complete annoyance before curtsying.

"Not that we care." The one known as Tuttugu said from the far side of their pack. I like this one. Fiesty creature.

"Can't we just all get along?" David questioned as he looked between the lot of us with a plea in his eyes.

"Yes. Why don't we?" I questioned while smiling at our hosts.

We've all been watching them closely ever since we heard that Master Jamison had found his mate and I've grown quite fond of the creatures. But my favorite was Miss Thompson.

Her heart was tainted, but the purest feelings flowed from them.

Yes, I, Duran Butler was an Empath. I could feel everything a person, or any creature for that matter - felt. It was more a curse than a blessing.

"Well..." Violet clapped her hands together "Let's get a move on then." she said while grinning.

The sounds of bones breaking in the crowd before us, gave way to one large pack of wolves. Two leaders black and white standing tall and proud before us.

With a nod of the white wolf's head, we were off.

Vampires flitting through the trees as their legs moved faster than a speeding car, Centaurs galloping shortly behind and Witches following above us on their branches.

But none of us could keep up with our hosts. Their short powerful legs pushed on, carrying their large bodies forward in thuds that sounded like the earth beneath our feet would crack open at any moment.

My eyes set on their leaders. Black and white moving in unison like yin and yang followed by another large wolf - their Guardian.

A couple hours later we found ourselves on the outskirts of the hunters land, archers posted in every 5th tree that surrounded their camp.

The song of a crow sounding for our flying friends to take them down.

Witches whispered spells and one by one the archers started dropping from the trees like flies, mumbling nonsense like a bunch of drunken idiots, our flying helpers staying behind to 'take care' of our new 'hosts'.

Then it was our turn. Vampires masked as humans infiltrating their camp without notice.

I walked behind them. Unmasked. Unarmed. Except for the weapon that was my mind.

Not only was I an Empath but I could manipulate the mind as well.

I watched as my people blended in with the rest of them. All of their faces mirroring horror as they stared at me in shock.

"Vampire!"Martin yelled from a crowd that now formed around me as I stood in the centre of their camp.

Suddenly their eyes lolled back into their heads as I planted pictures of heaven in their minds, their faces mirroring pure bliss.