Eighteen

I had to stop or at least try to calm the beast within him or he wouldn't stop at just Marcus and Marcus alone.

I knew what happened when one lost control. I've seen it time and time again as I grew up guarding the boarders of my old pack.

And with hybrids there wasn't just 'losing control', it was losing everything.

Suddenly members of my old pack slowly started stepping forward from the crowd. Liam coming from the crowd with a baseball bat in his grip, motioning a swing as he grinned at me. What are they doing here?

"The pact." my wolf replied.

Returning Liam's notion, my skin started to burn. I felt hot. Like REALLY hot. As if I was standing in the centre of an active volcano but it didn't hurt.

Then all of a sudden I felt cold, ice cold but it wasn't unpleasant. The air coming from my mouth as if I were standing on my porch back home on Christmas Eve.

I dropped to the floor, the sudden urge falling upon me to dig my fingers into the earth. I crumbled the small clots of earth beneath my fingers against my palm before digging my fingers deeper into the ground.

Suddenly I yearned for the sun upon my skin, wanting to feel its warmth seeping into me.

My body then began begging for water, a sudden thirst attacking my throat like hot desert air.

"Lexi..." a voice had me snapping my head towards the crowd.

"You're glowing." Liam gulped, pointing with his index finger towards me.

I stared down at my hands, he was right.

I looked like a a bar of gold glinting in the sunlight.

Immense energy started flowing through my body in a light buzz of vibration, causing me to ease back onto my feet and watch my body in confusion as well as wonder.

I slowly felt that my feet no longer touched the gound and that I no longer felt the earth hugging my toes. Weird.

Curious, I looked down and found myself stunned.

I was floating inches above the ground, the crowd, Luke and Marcus staring at me - amazed as I kept rising up higher and higher.

The energy flowing through me surged towards my hands with immense speed, making my arms stretch out towards the ground then with a split second my arms shot up in the sky as the energy shot from my body in bolts of lightening and pulling clouds together like magnets, making them darker and darker before finally the rain came pouring down upon us all.

Shouts and screams of fear came from the crowd until Vulcan stepped forward and said something I never thought anyone would speak of.

"She's an elemental." he voiced only to have Marcus growl in reply.

I looked down upon him and my eyes could see the blood within his veins, the human part of him strapped underneath his animal form.

A threatening urge came upon me and suddenly all I wanted was to see him squirm in agony under me as the same blood left him; the way I have squirmed and bled because of him for years.

I willed myself to calm down and dropped to the earth, striding over towards Marcus' hissing and snapping form.

All I wanted was to punch him.

So hard.

I lift my fists up, already attempting to put as much force behind them as possible and as I came swinging with my left but my hand wasn't the only thing flying towards him.