Brody's POV #BonusChapter

Brody's Point Of View

The sound of something crashing had me snapping out of my daze as I chewed on a piece of Mrs. Mathews legendary venison pie.

Seconds later, another crash sounded.

Running out the kitchen, I stood in the hallway and watched our Alpha female stand tall in the doorway of her mates office wearing nothing but an oversized jersey.

Seconds passed, the sound of bones snapping as each of those seconds went by.

Wood pounded.

Whimpers sounded.

But she stood tall, strong and still.

"YOU. ARE. NOT. LEAVING. ME!" Luke roared causing her to close her eyes before she opened them again, whispered something and smirked.

I admired her.

But not like I would've admired a woman not so long ago.

She was different.

She was the kind of person I wanted to be.

Because no matter how many demons she had to fight, even her mate - she still stood with her head held high, staring them right in the eye.

"YOU ARE MINE!" Luke snarled, his demented hand grabbing hold of her neck, his claws clasping tightly.

Her lips moved once more as a smile never left them while she spoke.

"NO!", he roared, her body unmoving as she just stood and watched.

She placed a hand on his chest, moving forward until they were no longer in sight and suddenly the door slammed shut.

Minutes passed as I watched the mahogany door with the golden knob, the sound of my heart pounding in my chest mirroring the sound of our Alpha's office being destroyed once more.

Suddenly the door creaked open, a shaking woman walking towards the kitchen with the one known as Liam holding her tight under his arm.

A roar sounded, followed by screamed cussing and another crash.

The door swung open revealing a grinning Lexi who casually walked past me and towards the kitchen, leaving me stunned.