Tuttugu's POV #BonusChapter

Tuttugu's Point Of View

I dreamt of my father once more. I dreamt of the ship, the sails, the waves and the onslaught of the wind.

My panic started setting in as everything around me started assailing me once more.

I shot up in bed, relieved to not be suffocating while watching my father die again

I laid my head back down against the pillow as I breathed deeply in attempt to calm my runaway heart.

Why did The Goddess have to take away the most important person in my life?

No matter how much time has passed since the night I lost everything, it still stung, hurt, haunted and tortured me without an ounce of even the mildest remorse.

As I lied awake an looked at my ceiling, I thought back to my childhood and my father.

I remembered all the good moments spent and how I so desperately wanted them back as a lump started to form in my throat.

I miss you daddy, so very much...

Even with the 16 years that have passed, I still felt his loss as if it happened yesterday.

If only She could give you back to me.

I swallowed the lump and the tears.

I needed a fag.

Urgently.

I rolled over in my bed and got up, pulling my hotpants and tank top straight before pulling my hair back into a ponytail; glancing over at my flickering digital clock as it showed 03:00.

Why does it always have to wake me this time of night?

I strolled over to my door, digging in my leather jackets pockets for my packet of cigarettes and my lighter.

After finally finding them, I slipped my jacket on and opened the door, smacked it shut behind me with no care at all.

I walked down the hallway and down the stairs towards the kitchen, deciding on a snack with my fag.

I rummaged through the cupboards when finally my eyes landed on the Twinkies.

Grabbing one, I ripped the wrapper open and popped it in my mouth, biting off a piece of the heaven in my hands before chucking the wrapper in the bin and making my way towards the front door again.

I flicked the door lock open and exited into the night air, the sky black with millions of flickering silver orbs covering it with specks of light as I bit off another piece of heaven.

This place was somewhat of a safehouse... Somewhere where the unwanted were wanted, desired even.

Desire.

A name starting with 'J' flit through my mind causing me to cringe.

No, don't go there.

I finished my Twinkie, my mind settling on the idea that a fag would take my mind off the person...

No! Do. Not. Go. There.

"Fuck." I hissed as I popped open my packet of fags and pulled one out before shoving it between my lips and lighting it up.

I took a drag, the nicotine filling my lungs with its poison as I leaned back against a pillar.

A shadowy figure stood out in the dark, its red orbs staring at our pack hospital with hostility had me pushing myself up off rhe pillar, nipping my bud before flicking it towards the ground as I strolled over towards the hospital; the figure no longer there.

A whistling sound came from inside as I neared, the door flying open to reveal a smiling Brian.

What is he up to?

And then it hit me. The smell of Luke's mate and coffee beans lingering on him like a pest.

He must've spent a lot of time in there...

"How long have you been watching her?" I questioned with peaked interest as I stood in the shadows and eyed him up and down.

"Since she got herself locked up at Vulcan's." He mumbled.

I felt sorry for the guy, I knew his pain as if it were my own. We all did.

"Don't go getting yourself killed now." I grinned.

"Wouldn't that be delightful." he smiled as if savouring the idea.

"You're such a sadistic masochist."

"Says she who laughs at other people's pain."

He was right. Well at least halfway. I didn't really enjoy it all that much, it was more like I was fascinated by their reactions. But he didn't have to know that.

"Touché."

He inched towards me, shuffling the gravel beneath his feet as he neared me.

"She's not a new toy, T. I just care cause you know what Luke did for me and you know what Eliana and Bailey meant to me." he sighed looking away, "you've seen."

I have seen. All of it, all his memories, his horrors, everything. I've seen them for two months now, ever since Brian sunk his teeth into the crook of my neck and I sank mine in his.

Brian was a cure. A cure for the demons and pain. A cure for the memories and night terrors.

"Nobody will ever replace my wife and child. Nobody can-" he sighed, pausing.

My heart sank. Was his mark on my neck not a claim? Was I nothing? Did I mean so little?

My mind so ridiculously wandered back to Jamie...

Would he love me better than this?

"Of course he will. He's your mate." my wolf hissed, slightly despising the male in her presence.

"...But nobody can take me away from you." he breathed, his eyes black as he lift his head and stared back at me while he got onto his Harley and tapped the leather on the seat behind him.

I looked into the woods.

My eyes searching for the figure.

But as I stood there watching, I began to feel ridiculous as I felt Brian's gaze on my skin, watching me intently.

I'm sure it's nothing.

"I'd like to see them try." I whispered, grinning as the adrenaline and wind attacked me while the trees flit by us.