Vulcan's POV #BonusChapter

Vulcan's Point Of View

More than 15 years have passed since the day I had asked Mr. Joeron that million dollar question.

But as I watched the woman standing before us, the more I realised that he was right.

Alexandria could destroy everything that was the Earth. Even Time and Space - with just the flick of her small hand.

If only she knew that...

Violet's friend stepped forward from the chaos that was now fixating itself around us, a bow and arrow aimed at Alexandria as she began to float above the ground; creating that same chaos.

Her eyes still closed as she began to chant in a language that I've only read about in history books and books of legend.

The ground under our feet began to vibrate. The vibrations hitting each of us in waves but under the spells of our traitors, we were hopeless and unable to speak or move.

The air became stale and cold and then little specks of white started falling down towards the ground in grace until the snap of wire sounded and time stopped - the arrow inches from the centre of our Alpha females head.

Moments later and heaven knows how long - everything dropped to the floor when she opened her eyes. The arrow. The snow. The huntress. Violet and her traitor friends. The vampires. The centaurs. My pack. Everything except her.

"I've seen light. I have also seen darkness. I have known hate and only recently learned proper love. And all of that might seem irrelevant to a bunch of common onlookers like yourselves, but to me - it is life. Every. Single. Thing." her voice boomed through the space around us "And like you huntress, I've found myself favouring darkness and right now I favour it because it would mean the end of not only my suffering but the suffering of my people too... But I will choose light, not because you deserve it but because she", she pointed at Katarina "and he", she pointed at Jason, "and all of them", she pointed at each of our pack one by one "deserve a good and kind Luna and Alpha female... Even if it means turning my back on my enemy. Which is what I will do." she smiled looking at the ground. Her head shot up, a soul consuming fire burning in her eyes as she came to a stop in front of the huntress, lifting her finger; the huntress drifting in line with it "BUT.", she started "If I ever come across you and you", she turned, lifting Violet "and the two of you don't bare good intentions. I will see to it that I personally drag your souls to hell." she grinned maliciously.

And then they flew.

Into a pile of boulders, shards of ice flying right after them and crashing into the boulders above them.

"See that as a mild warning." she sneered.

A slow clap started in the crowd, the fire in her eyes dying down as she turned around to look us all over until the clap turned into a full round of applause.

And then he was on her. Luke. Smothering her with a hungry kiss before pulling away and looking at her with pride causing me to wonder at the magic she was wielding on him.

Since her arrival, his demonic outbreaks became an old habit. But in the past 72 hours he's become that once more, just a better, tamer and controlled version of what he once was.

I remember weeks where he'd spend the entire duration of his outbreaks in the dungeon, shackled in silver, unable to control himself. But that was gone now.

This elemental woman and shifter was a mystery. A frustrating puzzle I could not place together, but a blessing at the same time.

And we owed everything to her.

The humans paved a way for her as she floated towards the woods - the way back home.

"Time to get married." she smiled sweetly as she went by Luke, my hand now on his shoulder as he watched his mate in awe.

"Goddess alone knows how much I love her, Vulcan." he breathed.