Akua's POV #BonusChapter

Akua's Point Of View

I watched as my Alpha dragged his cousin out of his office in the pack house and down the hallway by the collar of his shirt.

The action had me dropping both my coffee cup and my bottom lip, coffee spilling from my lips and down my neck.

"What the-" I questioned, trying to wrap my head around what the hell was going on.

"You let them take her!" he roared before slamming Stephan into the wall and the plaster gave way underneath his body.

"I wasn't exactly conscious, cousin." Stephan hissed, his hands gripping tight onto Luke's shoulders, attempting to push him back.

"You still could've done something!" Luke's eyes swirling with the red hunger I've seen more often than not.

"How? Do I look like a fucking zombie to you?"

"Don't get smart with me, Yates. I'll fuck you up. Don't underestimate me." Luke growled lowly.

"I'm sorry okay!" Stephan spat.

"Sorry doesn't bring my mate or my fucking unborn children back you asshole! I trusted you to protect her!"

"I'm sorry." Stephan's voice cracking as Luke held onto his neck.

"I'm going to kill you for this. Get out. I'm challenging you. A duel to the death." Luke snarled lowly before shoving Stephan towards the front door of the pack house.

"You can't do that!" Sam exclaimed, attempting to make her way to our Alpha and his cousin.

Shoving an arm in front of her, I breathed "Don't."

"He'll kill him, Ak." She mumbled as tears came streaming down her face.

"Don't forget the fabrics he's made of, Sammy. He can do this." I murmured, patting her back slightly.

I knew I would freak out to almost the same extent if something would happen to my Myi but I also knew that this was a bit much.

And although I knew it was wrong, getting in the way of a uncontrollable hybrids goal meant one thing...

Death.

I followed my Alpha, his feet almost slamming right through the wooden floor boards as he stomped after Stephan down the hallway.

Stephan stood in the courtyard, his shirt on the grass behind him as he stood in his shorts.

By now everyone was pouring out of the pack house in their pajamas, Sam attempting to run towards Stephan until he gave me a look and I grabbed her arm and tucked her behind me.

"I wouldn't get involved if I were you Sammy." my voice barely audible as I glanced at her over my shoulder.

Myi came to stand with me, giving me a kiss on the cheek before she stared on towards our friends, a hand on her small belly that protected our tiny future that was forming inside.

A morbid sigh sounded from behind me "He's going to kill him, isn't he?" Sam breathed as she leaned with her back against my back.

"Like Akua said, different fabric. Stephan is a good Epsilon, Sam. He's a fighter." Myi glanced over at Sam with a kind smile playing at her lips.

Suddenly Stephan was hoisted into the air by his neck as Luke breathed through his nose heavily, his mouth foaming up with spit like a rabid dog as he breathed.

The second Luke stared up into his eyes, Stephan came crashing down as Luke smashed him into the lush green lawn that covered the land around us, a dent formed under him as he groaned in pain.

"Luke, stop? Please? I said I'm sorry" Stephan breathed.

"And I said we're going to have a duel to the death." a sinister grin playing at Luke's lips as he stared down at his cousin.

Luke hit him.

He pounded at Stephan, over and over again.

Blood sprayed onto the pajamas of onlookers.

Sam sobbed, her body shaking ​and rattling harder with each crushing blow.

"Cousin, please?" Stephan begged while blood spilled from his mouth onto the hard ground.

"Shut up, Stephan. This is your fault. If she dies, I hope Hades fries you real good." Luke grunted as he carried on beating his cousin senseless.

The air grew static and thick.

No sound but deep breaths and the smashing of Luke's fists.

"Stop." A voice whispered.

"Ahh piss off!" Luke spat.

"I said stop."

Luke puled back, his eyes fiery as they looked up.

Confusion struck as he looked up.

"What do you want, P?" He growled in irritation.

"I know where she is."