Twenty Two

We had just faced a battle and I looked like shit. My hair was all messy and looking like a crows nest version of a pigtail. My nails were ruined from the forces that sprung to life from my fingertips before but they were healing slowly.

Blood dripping from my now awkward leg because of the arrow that found itself lodged in it before.

I had warned our enemies and even though I did a good job in doing that, I knew they would come back. Just like everything else that I so desperately wished would stay in the past that just wouldn't fucking stay there. Fucking pesky past.

But as I walked towards my home in silence with a promise replaying in my mind, my only goal was to become a wife to my mate. One that would make him happy, bring him peace, give him solace and show him love.

In the time we were alone together we always seemed to get distracted, but deep down I knew the Goddess was planning for something else after we got married due to the heat I felt growing between my legs.

It would be the second heat I've experienced since I came to age and I remembered the first as if it took place the day before. The fire. The deep burn. The yearning. The moans. The cold showers and silver chains that covered my bedroom door. Everything.

A sudden hand on my arm cooled me like a splash of ice cold water. Luke.

"I can smell you." he whispered hungrily causing me to clamp my legs together as if it would take away his sense of smell.

After a while another pair of feet started walking close to me and Luke's wandered off.

"Do you know what you are?" Vulcan questioned softly.

"I think I do." I replied, looking at my feet as they crushed the leaves and pine needles they passed over.

"I don't." he sighed causing me to look up at him in confusion. "What I meant to say was, I don't think you do." he smiled politely.

"What do you mean?" the question coming from my lips as I wondered at who and what I was.

"I doubt that you know the extent of what you're capable of Alexandria", he sighed "I've seen you control almost every single element and yet I wonder at your complete capability... But what I do know is, if you don't learn to control it to the max ma'am, it will destroy you." He whispered before looking at me with sadness in his eyes.

"How do you know this, Vulcan?" I questioned, giving him a doubtful look.

"Because I've seen it destroy my most favored high school professor." He whispered while placing a hand on my shoulder causing me to stop and watch him as he walked off towards Tuttugu and Brian.

Destroy me?

And then what?

"What was that all about?" Lewis' breathy voice by my side causing me to start walking again, but faster "Hey, hold up Ms. Great and Powerful!" he yelled causing me to grunt in frustration before shifting and sprinting ahead only to hear his paws pad on behind me.

Even with my injured leg I was still faster than Lewis and his annoyingly speedy ass.

I was in no mood for questions and I hated having to answer questions I didn't have answers to and Lewis was just the type of person to ask questions like that.

Vulcan's words started replaying in my mind, over and over and over again like a broken record.

To me my powers were nothing more than just that - powers. Nothing more and nothing less and then the most respected healer in the country just happened to know more about me than I knew about myself.

I grunted and came to a stop, shifting abruptly once sure Lewis and everyone else was far behind.

And then I screamed.

So loud that the birds that called the trees home flew away in noisy flaps.

"Fuck!" I yelled, my head in my hands as I retracted my torso back in itself like a snails shell over the earth, my spine showing through my skin as it pulled over my bones like tight leather. Fuck!!!!!!" I yelled again, louder than before, my breath disappearing from my chest.

For the first time in days, my walls came down. My composure crushed. My confidence shattered. And why?

Because of the mystery behind who I was.

"Why me?" I questioned into the air as I straightened up, my eyes still towards the ground as I rubbed my left hand over the skin of my naked goosebump covered right arm.

"Because I've waited almost 3000 years for you." a voice whispered. It was smooth. Manly. Intimidating. Seductive. Enticing.

I looked up, my eyes searching for someone but saw nobody except the trees around me.

"Don't bother." it whispered again "I'm miles away Alexandria." my name dancing on his tongue as if he were trying to savor the taste of it.

"But how come I can hear you?" I questioned.

This has got to be some kind of prank or something. Yeah that's it! I'm on that little human show called 'Candid Camera'. Either that or the witches have put me under some shit spell too.

"You're not under a spell. And this is not a prank." his voice serious.

"Then what is this?" I spat in frustration.

"You'll learn with time." his voice alight with humor as it floated in the air around me.

"Who are you?" I grit out.

"Lexi?" a voice coming from behind me. Lewis. "Holy crap woman! You're like a gazelle!" he breathed, panting slightly as he leaned his hands on his knees "From now on I'm calling you Womanzelle." he smirked up at me before looking down and back up only to blush "You're uhm... Naked." he smiled awkwardly.

"Then why are you looking?" I fake pouted.

Lewis was a source of humor and light.

Something I needed in that moment.

"It was just like... There. It was just there, okay." he sighed rolling his eyes before smacking himself in the face with his palm.

"Relax Lewis, I'm just teasing you. You big old non-pubertized thing!" I chuckled.

The pitter patter of massive paws and deep huffs behind me had be turning around before I got engulfed in a big hug.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt? I heard you screaming. Why were you screaming?" Luke's voice coming out hoarse as he tilted my head around, examining my face as he did so before pulling away and looking at my body.

"One. Don't stop touching m-" my words stopped by a cough.

"Well this is awkward." Lewis puffed, looking up into the trees.

"Then piss off. It's as simply as that." Luke smiled fakely as he looked over at him.

"Okay, okay." Lewis said, his hands up in mock surrender as he walked off into the trees.

"... And two, take me home so I can sleep, bury my people and keep my promise already." I whispered once Lewis was gone.

"Okay." was all he said as a sudden wave of haze and weakness passed over me.

"Why is your head so big?" I whispered "Gosh it looks like you have a bowling ball in there!" the size of his head frightening me "You smell nice!" I giggled "Nighty night!" and then it was black.