Seven

I felt a hand on my leg that not only startled me but also brought me back from my thoughts into reality.

Luke was now by my side, rubbing his hand up and down my leg with that hungry look in his eyes that just devours my soul piece by piece.

Grrr! Bite me...

"With pleasure!"

And he was on me, kissing my neck, his lips moving upward and onto my earlobe, grazing it with his teeth before he went down my neck where his mark would one day be.

Suddenly my shirt got ripped to shreds and blood came trickling down my chest, across my breasts, his tongue laving my skin in its trail.

Then my shorts got yanked off, exposing my naked body and both his palms slapped hard against my thighs, making my groin light like a match to dry grass - and I wanted him.

His hands wandered vigorously across my bare skin, making my hunger for him grow beyond control. Before I could comprehend what I was doing, I was on top of him, grinding myself against his happy trail, causing him to grow harder beneath me, his head aching to enter.

As I was about to slide over his arousal, I arched my back and flipped my head back in anticipation of my soon broken virginity.

My eyes catching movement in the corner of my peripheral vision made me snap my head to the room-length window and my blood ran cold.

It couldn't be.

I shook my head, then closed my eyes and opened them again with rapid speed, the figure still standing there.

Luke must've noticed my unease as he was next to me, pulling my face to look at him. "Lexi. Look at me." his soft voice danced around the haze in my mind.

IT CANNOT BE!

Could it?

"Please!" his voice sounding more urgent, I snapped to see Luke staring at me like I've grown a second head.

"I saw him." I whispered, my mind a mess made by the storms of my past.

"Who, Lexi? Who did you see?" He urged, shaking me slightly.

"Marcus." I said more to myself than anyone else, my voice barely audible.

"It's just your imagination, Lexi." he sighed as he dragged his hand over his face.

"I know what I saw!" I yelled more at myself than at him, but he flinched away from me anyway. "I'm sorry... I didn't... Mean to yell." I whispered in remorse as my hand slid over his arm.

"It's okay baby, come here." his arms picking me up to lay me in his lap as he held me like a baby in his embrace, calming my wolf until I heard her no longer whispering in fear of what just happened but purring at the proximity of our mate.

After a while, I almost fell asleep but a sudden grumble from my stomach and a chuckle vibrating from Luke's chest reminded me that I haven't had supper yet.

"Let's get the beast fed. Then it's belly full; eyes shut for the two of us, okay?" he whispered as he kissed the top of my head before placing me down on our bed and strolling over to my closet and returning with a nightgown.

"I didn't know you were a silky nightgown kind of man... Figured you would be more of a 'let's sleep in lacy lingerie tonight' kind of man." I smirked at him, trying to break the tension that was filling the room in an almost suffocating way, receiving a scowl in return that made me burst out in a fit of laughter.

"Ha ha, hilarious." he said in annoyance only to reach over and drag me by my feet to the edge of the bed before shoving the dress over my head, leaving me by myself on the bed as he stomped down the hallway to our kitchen.

"Did I step on the big bad wolfs ego, Mr. Jamison?" I teased in a baby voice as I made my way around the corner towards the refrigerator.

"Humph." the sound puffed out of his chest as his face scrunched back into a scowl while he glared at me from under his lashes.

"Aww... I stepped on the big old Alpha's tail... Need a bottle Mr. Wolf?" I kept teasing.

He growled as I finished my sentence before whispering "Run." and that's what I did. I ran as if my life depended on it. "Don't let me catch you, Lexi. Or you will be sorry." his voice laced with promise as it boomed from the kitchen while I made my way through the back door down the trail that passed through the woods.

I was running for about 37 seconds before I heard a roar that sent shivers down my spine. Fur following them as they danced across my skin and my bones snapped into a form they've grown accustomed to since my first shift. "Catch me if you can, mate." I voiced to him through our link before I pushed forward with intense speed, dodging the trees that whirred by me as I went.

Unlucky for him, we were our old Alpha's fastest hunter. My wolf snickered in my mind, making me snort in response.

As I neared the border to my old pack, a black figure flashed by me, followed by the smell of rotten flesh mingled with oak and cinnamon, causing me to slow down and shift back to my human form. Marcus.

I looked back, trying to see where the figure went, only to come into contact with a hard chest.

"What were you saying about me catching you, mate?" I heard Luke's voice sound from above me along with his vibrating chest brushing against my breast as he chuckled.

Before I could register what happened, I was being hoisted over his shoulder followed by a spank on the butt which made the butterflies in my stomach burst into flames by the fires of my core.

"That's for giving me blueballs."