Fourteen

The stench of wolfsbane burning my nostrils had my senses roaring back to life but I refused to open my eyes in fear of what I might see.

My hands and feet restrained with silver shackles had me writhing in pain as they seared through my skin.

My body now covered in a light material that stuck to my sweat covered skin.

I willed myself to listen to any sign of movement but came up short of sound. So I started to struggle against my restraints and testing their strength but the shuffle of a shoe against what sounded like gravel made me come to a stop.

A menacing laugh sounding off the walls and echoing through the room had me snapping my eyes open.

The darkness being all that I saw had me hopeless in seeing light once more.

An idea popped in my head.

If I could measure the size of the room I was in by the distance the sound that came from me, traveled; then maybe I could find a way to escape.

With a click of my tongue, I waited for the sound to bounce off the walls and back towards my now perked up ears.

2 seconds.

That's 2000ft. There and back.

1000ft.

A sudden burst of light had me hissing as it stung my eyes and made me flinch away from it.

I shoved my head unto my knees, rubbing them against my knees due to my hands being restrained before sitting back up. Fluttering my eyes open and close repeatedly I attempted to adjust them towards the new lighted scenery.

I was in a container of sorts.

One of those cliché ones I've seen in almost every human cop movie or series in my life. The floor of the container covered in a mixture of cement and gravel as a light hanging above me slightly swayed back and forth.

Marcus with eyes cold as ice standing in the far corner, watching me intently before stepping closer to pace around me in a circle.

"I've been watching you, my love." his voice hoarse and raw as if he'd swallowed a packet of razors since the last time I saw him.

"This isn't real." I voiced as I looked down at my feet, hoping I was right.

His fingers tracing the skin at the back of my neck had me snapping my head back up to stare out in front of me.

"Does this feel real to you?" he questioned as he came to a stop in front of me and lifted my chin to look at him.

His face was covered in scars, his body hidden under a cloak but it couldn't stop the stench of rotten flesh reaching my sense of smell.

He's gone beyond being rogue.

"You're supposed to be dead." I said more to myself than anyone else.

"Well I'm pretty much alive princess." he looked at me with a grin before saying "Now we can be together." my words of decline snatched from my mouth as his lips instantly covered mine with need.

His kiss was sloppy, his tongue breaking an entry as it traced my mouth like the lost wandering the desert. Has it always been like this?

The image of Luke had bile rising in my throat as the man I once loved forced his poison upon me.

My wolf snarling at me to ward him off had me biting his lip till the taste of metal slipped into my mouth.

"You bitch." he yelled furiously as he pulled away "You fucking bit me." and before I could prepare for the blow, his fist connected with my cheek; throwing me into a spiral of the past.