Zak's POV #BonusChapter

Zak's Point Of View

Popping the door open; a scent caught my nose, dragging me towards it in an instant.

It was a mixture of the ocean and flowers.

Stumbling over my own feet as I turned around in circles, desperate to find the source of the marvellous scent.

My wolf forced himself to the surface and in second I found myself chasing after the scent of my mate between the trees.

Slowing as the scent became overwhelming, a growl had me coming to a stop and shifting instantly.

Soft skin brushed my arm, sending fireworks flying in my mind and fire racing across my skin.

I turned around coming face to face with a woman, every feature more flawless than the previous.

The past and what I've done to London came rushing towards me, ruthlessly beating me mentally much like I have done to her.

"What have I done?" I whispered as I stared in the face of the woman who made my insides melt with just one touch.

Without thinking, I grabbed her hips and pulled her closer to me, covering her plush lips with mine in an instant, instantly forgetting my family.

The feel of her against my skin had me revelling in the blissful sensation.

"Mate." she breathed.

The scent of London growing stronger and the excited squeal of my daughter had me cringing.

Suddenly tears came flowing as I pulled away and dropped to my knees in front of the beautiful woman the goddess has bound to me, her touch soft yet fiery upon my skin as I sobbed for the man whose love I stole, for the woman whose mating I stole and for the woman with the soulful silver eyes.

"Why me?" I mumbled.

"Baby, why'd you run off like that?" London's voice carrying concern.

My mates eyes warmly wandered to them and back to me.

But the look my mate gave me suddenly wasn't warm any longer.

It was fierce. Threatening and unforgiving.

"You're unbelievable." she breathed, "And to think I almost fell for your little act." she growled.

"Please. I can explain." I begged.

"There's nothing to explain, mate. You made your choice and now I know why I'd wake up in the middle of the night feeling like my heart was being ripped to shreds. You made the choice I had to pay for everytime you bed this woman." her face mirroring disgust as her eyes wandered between London and myself once more.

"But I-"

"I do not want to hear your pathetic excuses. I, Delilah Storm, reject you, whoever you are." she huffed, before turning around and walking away as if she hadn't shattered my heart into a million pieces.

I watched in silence as she disappeared from sight.

But my wolf wasn't silent, his whimpers were loud and unbearable.

"She was your mate, wasn't she?" London breathed as her hand rested on my shoulder.

Her touch had me sick to the stomach.