Seventeen

A roar from behind me had me whipping my head back, almost giving me whiplash while I stared at it with wide eyes.

The beast I saw before was now standing inches away from Marcus and myself, glaring at Marcus in a way that if it were possible - would set him ablaze.

Its eyes snapped to me as I slowly inched backwards.

"Lexi. I mean Alpha, it's okay." Raphael whispered reassuringly.

"But... It's a... It's a fucking hybrid." I squeaked before noticing a whimper escape the creature.

Its bones twisted, turned and cracked into something less monstrous and to say I was shocked at what I saw, would be an understatement.

"Luke?" I voiced, gulping as I stepped forward and hesitantly reached my hand out.

He greedily snatched my hand, yanking me forward as he held my hand in his towards his face and leaned his cheek into my palm.

His eyes turned back to their normal shade of green for a split second before a shriek of laughter from behind me had them turning black and red as a snarl seethed through his teeth.

"Darcy." he voiced gutturally as he glared past me with a look of bloodlust in his eyes.

"Yes, baby, it's me!" she exclaimed giggling sweetly before her giggle turned into a menacing laugh.

"I've had enough of you." I mumbled as I inched around to stare at her.

I spared no time in shifting, my bones cracking and realigning themselves into my more uhm... Unforgiving form. My dress laying shredded on the ground beneath me.

My wolf despised the female before her and even cursed the Goddess for her existence.

Nobody looking from the outside inward would understand my irrational behavior at the Welcoming Barbecue not so long ago... But I had perfect reason for behaving the way I did.

The moment I marked Luke, all the secrets and feelings he had towards her and everyone else had poured into me.

She had caused our mate and our people more harm than good throughout the extent of her life in our pack and it was time to put an end to the pain.

My wolf had locked me inside the walls of her mind, windows peering out through her eyes allowing me to witness the extinction of a female our people loathed to the core of their being.

Memories seeped in through the cracks of all the links I shared with my pack, each memory filled with images of Darcy being a thorn in all their paws.

My wolf growled at her while she stared at her in hate - the bitter taste of it lingering upon my palate but I watched her with pity instead.

She would never know how it feels to actually feel something besides hatred, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, false pride, ignorance and ego.

She would never know love, generosity, compassion, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence or faith.

Darcy's Pont Of View

I warily watched her.

A mask of hatred upon my face but I no longer hated the Alpha before me.

The previous night I came to realize that taking love from someone was wrong. Unfair.

And I had no love to give.

Not since the day I lost my father. He was everything to me. And that got taken from me.

I wanted to die.